intake & water question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyde78

Reaction score
I'm having issues with my machine bogging out after hitting water puddles. No; not electrical. I think its my intake set up. Here's a video I made better explaining the issue
Yamaha Warrior 350 Intake & Water question: http://youtu.be/4c-Rhx74TZY

Any input would be really cool. Thanks in advance for taking the time & interest to help me out or make a suggestion

My guess is it's an electrical problem. Dielectric grease all your connectors. As far as the crank case breather tube, there's a few people on here that run a little filter at the end of it.

Yea huh ...so my opinion of it not being electric problem is wrong ya think. Just doesn't feel like that. Maybe your absolutely correct. I'll grease her up. Its almost like the parking brake is engaged and she doesn't want to rev above 2000 for a few secs. But when I come out and keep giving full throttle; the bike clears itself out and runs good. But a lot of water she will bog & die.

you have an outerwares over that UNI? you could be water logging the filter which will eventually destroy the motor

if I know the conditions are gonna be wet I always put the outerwares pre filter over my K&N otherwise I slip a knee high nylon panty hose over it to keep the dust and dirt out of the filter and the panty hose actually helps repel water too

Yea huh ...so my opinion of it not being electric problem is wrong ya think. Just doesn't feel like that. Maybe your absolutely correct. I'll grease her up. Its almost like the parking brake is engaged and she doesn't want to rev above 2000 for a few secs. But when I come out and keep giving full throttle; the bike clears itself out and runs good. But a lot of water she will bog & die.
I honestly don't know, just throwing that out there. Usually with water getting into the connections it kills the bike for a while, so the bog is weird. It could be part of the problem or none of it. It does make sense if water is getting into the air/fuel mixture, it could cause some bog. I'd say throw on the stock air box and grease up the connections, and if the problem stops, you know its the filter.

Edit: Now that I read your post again, it doesn't sound like an electrical problem. I should have read it better the first time.

Last edited:
you have an outerwares over that UNI? you could be water logging the filter which will eventually destroy the motor

No. So that's what I'm thinking. Water log messes with air fuel mixture. Yea like Trent said; imma throw on airbox and try her out that way. Thanks alot guys.

I mean if I did get an outerwares cover it would be cheaper than buying a K&N to run in my stock airbox.

i have a prodesign to uni filter if ya want it. never seen a trail. for some reason i oiled the prefilter but all i did was install it, run it in the garage for 10 minutes then take it off. was waiting for a pipe to rejet but ended up doing something different.

So today I ran my machine with the stock box & filter; absolute Tank. But yes; slow like a tank. I have CJ sending me a prodesign uni air filter set up for the stock box that I'll run with no lid. But definitely; the Uni clamped straight to the carb was the cause of my issue.

Yeah it was Ed. The uni clamped on is great; if I was running at a dirt track or sand dunes. But Northeast trail riding is wet & muddy. Now I'm looking get a CFM air box possibly. Imma see how she runs with the prodesign setup I have coming first

hope it works out for ya man. not sure if the cfm will give ya anymore air than what your already getting but it looks clean and sets you up nicely if you ever want to do a shee shock.

hope it works out for ya man. not sure if the cfm will give ya anymore air than what your already getting but it looks clean and sets you up nicely if you ever want to do a shee shock.

True. I do want to see how she runs with the stock box and no lid first though

Latest posts

Back