intake lid with K&N?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vile

Reaction score
my raptor came with a cone shaped K&N intake, but it didnt have the plastic cover for the air box. Will it not fit with an aftermarket filter or did the previous owner just leave it off? Ive heard of people riding with it off, but i notcied after spraying it off lightly, water was somehow splashing lightly on the cover over the cone, even with the seat on, and i dont think thats a good idea :-/

This is done for better performance, since the stock airbox type setup is pretty restrictive. I don't know what you mean by, "splashing lighty on the cover over the cone." If it's got a pre filter or outerwear, I wouldn't worry about it.. If the airfliter doesn't have one get one for it.. this will help/stop water from getting through. Water injection, baby! Just kidding.

yea, its a blue sleeve thats tight over the filter screen. i didnt thinkk it was enough to stop water from getting in. sorry about my use of words, im new to having an upgraded machine, i gotta read up on everything a bit more so i kinda know what im talkin about....thanks for the help :)

You could probably make the plastic airbox cover fit with little or no work, but the reason they're usually removed is because they're extremely restrictive. That prefilter cover is water resistant, so you don't have to worry about water and mud splashing up on it. As long as you don't completely drown it out you'll be fine.

I show this picture to anyone that is concerned about running with the airbox lid off. I'm doing this with no airbox lid, just a prefilter to repel the water and the filter was perfectly dry. This should remove any doubts from your mind, unless you happen to ride through water deeper than this. You can't go much deeper than this even with the airbox lid on anyways.
6092957f4e59940cb2557d2a6ec68c42.jpg

How much of a diff. Will there be if I run with no lid and can I feel the diff. In power?

whether or not you feel a difference depends on how well you know your machine. I'd guess the gain to be about 1.5 hp on an otherwise stock machine, possibly much more on one that's already modified a good bit.

So I guess ill cut a box out of my lid cuz my lid holds my filter in place

lol cutting hole is free plus i can still go in deep water with my box with a big hole in my lid

took my knife and heated the blade up and cut a box out of the lid 5in x 4in

umm, you cant go in any deeper with a hole in the box lid than you can with no lid at all. cutting a hole in the lid renders that little snorkel useless

Lol sorry meant to say I am keepin the air box so I can still go in the deep water

Lol just sayin but I am not sure where I was going with that been drinkin today my friends 21st b-day ill try 2 clear up tomm. Lol

WOW I don't know where I was going with all that we started a little early yesterday my friend 21st b day but I cut a hole in my lid

Latest posts

Back