installing new piston in warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dillon14dj

Reaction score
ok so the day has come lol i now have my new piston, rings, and the top end gasket set. (just got here in the mail). so i am just wondering does it matter what way you put it in and stuff?. (i was told the arrow on the piston should point to the inside. and not to the front of the bike?), i know i have to get the cylinder hone also still.

but any tips/how to video on putting it back together would be great thanks. also the gasket set has alot of round black things in it also? what are they for (i only need to use the 2 gaskets i think but theres still other stuff in the kit)

im interested in this because i just re did mine and faced the aarow toward the front of the quad and it runs fine

Im also interested in a video or walkthrough on how to change the piston i have to do it in my raptor and it will be my first time doing it alone without my mechanic.

Did you ever get a repair manual? Or download the one from this site? Tells you everything you need to know.

There is a piston install tutorial in the vid section, I believe.

Last edited:
Awesome i pretty much know how to do it but i wanna be 100% sure

yes the piston points toward the exhaust, just like when rebuilding 2 stroke bikes

Did you ever get a repair manual? Or download the one from this site? Tells you everything you need to know.

i did get something downloaded. but it isnt really any good. and to update.. i got the old piston off. and i took the cylinder to the shop to get hone (its $25). but then when i got home.. the shop called and said that honeing it wouldnt make much a different that its a lil beat up? and they asked me to bring my new piston down (so i did). and i guess they are taken it to a shop and gonna see about fixing the cylinder some??

cool hopefully you can get this thing done! i want to see it rip!!!

UPDATE: what was supposed to have been a week was done overnight lol just went and picked up the cylinder. they said due to it was worn? they had to put it to 4000 and then hone it? im guessing by 4000 means they bord it??

yeah now you have a .040 over bore and you will need a piston to match

Last edited:
Yes, is True the arrow must be facing forward, but sometimes the arrow could have been made wrong, so, if you always follow this steps you will never be wrong;

1. If you check the size of the Ex. Valves and Int. Valve you'll notice the different in sizes, right!!!!!

2. Now look on top on the piston youl see a half way moon shape one bigger than the other,,,Right!!!

3. you must always match them both, if you dont. the chances of you messing up the piston are very high. due to the fact that the Ex. valve (I belive is the bigger one) will cause damage to the top piston side were the small half moon shape is.:iagree:

yeah now you have a .040 over bore and you will need a piston to match

they did it according to my piston. thats why they asked for my piston also.

AND UPDATE 2: new piston is in, new gaskets on, top end is put back together, now just gotta order a new stator cover gasket and a new intake manifold, then get a few things of oil/oil filter/new spark plug.. then pray she starts haha

haa true, but you might need to know for sure so you can jet itor change the needle setting, or exhaust so everything will equal out? Just a guess.lol

Back