info on tires

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lunaracing

Reaction score
Ive been away from atvs for a couple years and since ive been back alot of new brands are out..Are the artrax mxt 4ply tires any good? how do they wear?are the hd enough for cross country/hair scrambles? traction?

Last edited:
I run those same tires you can see them on the bike in my build thread they are freaking amazing I love them I have been riding the crap out of my bike for the last two months or so since I put them on and you can barely tell they have been used go for it and for the price you can not beat those tires

i would consider something in the 6-ply category though. ill never get anything less now

i would consider something in the 6-ply category though. ill never get anything less now

Well I have the kenda claws on back now, ya can tell in my avatar,,,,they are awesome and I've ran them many times before, what would yall recommend to just put up front to go with them.

If your gonna be doing XC I highly recommend 6 ply's. Not dissin the tires your talking about but just giving you a heads up. I run ITP GNCC's with hipers Profill blocks in the rears. Although its been said over and over GBC's are awesome tires, About 50 of my fellow XC buddies are running them this year. I had a set of Kenda Kutters back in 08 and loved them they lasted a long time. Check into CST Pulse tires they are becoming very popular. I see you are from Tn. Have you ever ran the WEXCR series or KOHRS/KYXC? Round 1 this year is at Sharps ATV Riding Range, If your close by you should check it out.

Thxs, and no dissin here, just getting caught up on brands lol. Ya I need heavy ply tires,the claws do great in back,our courses are horrible that I run, there more of a enduro from hell type lol, mud,churt,huge rock ledges, and creeks creeks creeks, and steep hill climbs. So lots of traction and heavy duty is needed. I ran razors,great tires but they were chunked out after a while, if I could find something for the front to hold up like the rear claws do I'd be set. I have only ran the razors on the rear. How do they do on front? And no I havnt ran it yet,ill check it out.

i haven't tried many other tires and im incredibly partial to GBC's. the XC Masters have just a hair difference from razors. i picked up my fronts for about $110 which makes it a very good tire for what they are. there are other great tires out there too but based on what you described you should definitely get 6-ply. i have some CST Ambush 4-ply in the back and while they are good tires too they're just not holding up well

Just throwing an idea in here. Ever think about getting some ambush tires? I mean the traction is great and they look really agressive. Plus they are very affordable. But 4ply tho :/ just a thought tho happy shopping

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Just throwing an idea in here. Ever think about getting some ambush tires? I mean the traction is great and they look really agressive. Plus they are very affordable. But 4ply tho :/ just a thought tho happy shopping

Ya I looked at those. I'm driving myself nuts over this.. I'm taking notes on everyones suggestions and doing tire comparisons on them

Dont go too crazy :p

Lmao,,thxs loui350,,, think I'm going with the gncc hole shots.. anyone disagree with those

Holeshots are great tires, I ran them last year racing and all my races so far this year on 1 set. My offer still stands about the gbc's if your interested in saving some $$ compared to the ITP's

i dont think you can ever disagree with that choice. i too tend to obsess into things before making my purchase so i feel ya there. if you really want to there are loads and i mean LOADS of threads discussing the same topic. to spare you GNCC CST GBC are talked about quite frequently

Thanks thorider05,,,and I appreciate ya trying to hook me up but I done hit the order button lol. Now its time to order skid plates,hand guards,gas tank,and maybe new plastic.....

i dont think you can ever disagree with that choice. i too tend to obsess into things before making my purchase so i feel ya there. if you really want to there are loads and i mean LOADS of threads discussing the same topic. to spare you GNCC CST GBC are talked about quite frequently

Thxs and yes believe me I've been reading all day :D... I think ill be happy with my choice..

Whatd you end up getting? Your welcome on the offer saw you looking for tires so i thought i throw out an offer on the new tires i just got so i can get the XC Racer's

Back