I'M THINKING OF A PROJECT!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johndeere_g

Reaction score
I'M THINKING OF TAKING THE 01, LIFT KIT, BIG BORE, SNORKELS, WHEELS AND 28" TIRES. ANY SUGGESTIONS OR COMMENTS?

28" is a big tire for the 350 Wolvy, but I would think with the big bore you should be ok. I haven't had any issues with my 26's yet. I would suggest shopping around for a lighter built tire though, to keep rotating mass down. As for the snorkel and lift kit, always good ideas. There are a couple in the showroom with snorkels, just a matter of time to fab up a system.

My only concern with the lift is the front axle CV joints. You start putting them at too severe of an angle, and you will be replacing the joints frequently.
Something I had pondered before was if the Gorilla heavy duty ones from other quads would work on a Wolvy?

DEFINITELY interested to see if you pursue these options 8)

It would take a lot of planning and I would probably run into fabrication and fitting issues, I think a Wolverine could be turned into a serious mud racer. We have all gone toward the sport side while holding onto the functional 4X4, I would like to make an extreme 4X4 version, one that will be good for nothing but deep holes and lots of mud.

Yeah, it surely can be done, just going to take lots of time and know-how.
I want to do more to the Wolvy but the wife likes it how it is, and I need to put the money towards my truck; gonna be needing a clutch real soon :cry:

Back