I'm new here too...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thrasher

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm from Birmingham, AL and I am new to this site as I just got my first atv which happens to be a 1993 Warrior 350. I just put new Maxxis Razr tires on the rear and ITP Holeshot tires on the front, gave it a UNIfilter and a good oil and filter change, it already has a Pro Circuit Exhaust and a dyno jet kit in the carb, Renthal bars, and aftermarket bumpers. I got the thing for $800. and realized once I got it home that it's time for a top end rebuilt, so it's currently having that redone with Wiseco piston and rings and all new gaskets and seals... I am suppose to have it back by the end of this week. I can't wait to actually get to take this thing to the trails as the only time I've ridden it was for all of about 3 to 5 minutes on the road in front of my house. Anyhow, I look forward to more posts with any questions I may have that I can't already find on here and get to know some of you. How fast should this 4 wheeler actually go once I get used to it ? Also, how good would Banshee shocks actually be on my Warrior compared to stock ? I've read good things about the Banshee shocks, but figured I'd ask anyhow.

Welcome to the Warrior addiction. That's a nice buy for $800 bucks. Looking forward in seeing some pic of it.
As for the Banshee shocks. Definitely a improvement over stock.

Welcome and Banshee rear will deff. give you a better ride that you'll be able to feel. Front are a bit of an improvement, not much but some. As far as you total power, you'd have to tell us more about your top end re-build (stock, board, compression rate, new cam?)

Anyways, Enjoy the site!

yeah, I'm really not sure what all's being done in the top end besides it was smoking before and now it won't, haha. I think it's pretty much just gonna be rings and gaskets. He said it had just been rebuilt not long ago, but they did it wrong and didn't set the rings right and the timing was one tooth off which caused some shavings in my oil change. So it already has the Wiseco piston and he says it was bored out once. How much would once be (.020) ? Are there any other front shocks that might be better than the Banshee ones, but not too much from the wallet ? I'll post some pics as soon as I am happy with it.

Yeah 1 over would be a .02 or a 84mm job. Front shocks on the cheap can be tough. In my opinion shocks are the one area you should spend the money. Better ride = more ride time and happy rider. You might be able to find some works shocks on the cheap, but either way your lookin to spend around $200 at the least. I got my set of like new Fox Floats that cost $700 brand new for $300 and change. Just always keep you eyes open for deals.

Back