Im installing a turbo on my warrior, Pics

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
belt drivin turbo is a pro charger, im debating on taking the batterie out and cutting the box out, or if any one has a black set of spare fenders, then i can get this thing on the road!

Again:

The key difference between a turbocharger and a supercharger is its power supply. Something has to supply the power to run the air compressor. In a supercharger, there is a belt that connects directly to the engine. It gets its power the same way that the water pump or alternator does. A turbocharger, on the other hand, gets its power from the exhaust stream. The exhaust runs through a turbine, which in turn spins the compressor (see How Gas Turbine Engines Work for details).
There are tradeoffs in both systems. In theory, a turbocharger is more efficient because it is using the "wasted" energy in the exhaust stream for its power source. On the other hand, a turbocharger causes some amount of back pressure in the exhaust system and tends to provide less boost until the engine is running at higher RPMs. Superchargers are easier to install but tend to be more expensive.

NO SUCH THING AS A BELT DRIVEN TURBO!!! That's like saying dehydrated water!!!

im not calling you out but a pro charger is the cold side of the turbo that is belt driven its both super charer and turbo

No dice, bro... Procharger is a brand name... Check it out :http://www.procharger.com/

If you can find something to prove me wrong , I'll graciously admit I am wrong, but in 20 plus years of mechanic work, no one's shown me anything otherwise...

i was just going off of speed works procharger they came out with, but how would you go about turboing this beast?

I think the best way would be to......not. Wouldn't make enough difference to be worth it... The time spent fabricating a decent setup vs performance return would be negative.

A good way to tell would be have someone with a dyno do a series of runs to establish a baseline, then do another series with a leaf blower directed into the intake...

Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngRdKSh99YU

Then go for it brother... I'm only guessing that it wouldn't be worth it, base on experience using power adders on various cars...But I would find a way to rig up a leaf blower for a test first... I would, but with my compression so I would have the piston shooting up my ass...

lol but i am going to be starting this soon if i can get a set of fenders but i will have cory help me mock up on his warrior frame

i have nothing better to do and i pretty much get to do it for free al i need to buy is the big bear oil set up

Just build a stock stroke warrior motor up and you'll be happy with it. By the time you cut and weld the quad apart, then when it fail you'll be left with a pile of scrap haha

But if you do insist on doing this, run the stock piston and/or a wiesco and run a thick head gasket to lower the compresion to stock numbers... that way you can turn up more boost.

One thing about turbo chargin a carb motor is its not easy. Thats why on most turboed cars there all EFI, so they can be tune to perfection.

Last edited:
i plan on doing a 366 if i cant get the turbo to work and the best thing is i wont be modding any of my frame or any of my parts haha, but i do plan on doing a 366 big bore and getting head work done

Just build a stock stroke warrior motor up and you'll be happy with it. By the time you cut and weld the quad apart, then when it fail you'll be left with a pile of scrap haha

But if you do insist on doing this, run the stock piston and/or a wiesco and run a thick head gasket to lower the compresion to stock numbers... that way you can turn up more boost.

One thing about turbo chargin a carb motor is its not easy. Thats why on most turboed cars there all EFI, so they can be tune to perfection.

here is how my turbo is setup.

IMG-20110610-00032.jpg

Just because his is at 211hp. Doesn't mean if you turn yours up to 18psi, it will be. If you did, I'd say you'd be at about 140hp....

Just because his is at 211hp. Doesn't mean if you turn yours up to 18psi, it will be. If you did, I'd say you'd be at about 140hp....
im just going by what the guy that built my motor said and that would be mat shearer.
that 211hp cub is an out of the box cub he decked the cylinder to lower the port timing

Last edited:
Matt's right. His turbo bike is amazing. But I'm sure he has the best porting, best crank, best of everything and the conditions to make it right. Not saying yours isn't build right, but he has put SO MANY motors together he really knows his crap.

Latest posts

Back