I'm finally back, or at least I think so!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxhead

Reaction score
As a few of you may have noticed I haven't been on much in quite some time, that was for a pretty good reason. I rebuilt the motor about a year and a half ago and got lazy on the valve check, long story made short the exhaust valve leaked and it ended up destroying my top end. I obviously didn't have the cash to buy a completely new top end at the time, but now I do and the parts are on the way. This time everything will be new and no corners cut. The NOS fed true 350 monster has come back to save you guys from the big bore machine plague!!! ;D What the hell ever happened to the rest of the original 350 elites? There isn't anyone left really... ???

Not much really changed, but I'll have those pics up shortly. The only newer addition is the NX liquid nos kit. I still don't have those shocks on yet, but I'll have them on for the next shoot. My motor will be done shortly, after that I'll have all the pics you could possibly want.

Have you ever seen a warrior put out over 40hp with the stock displacement? You're about to!!! ;D The original piston and bore only have 347ccs I believe, I just did the .02 overbore and added the 10.75 to 1 JE to bump it up to a true 350. It was a shame the head fell apart, it ran so goooood before hand (no not from the NOS either, I didn't run it while the fresh motor was breaking in).

welcome back , I always liked your warrior. Looking foward to hearing about this bad boy when your done.

Thanks, I've made quite a bit of progress this week. I have everything but the web cam and springs. As a bonus I'm getting the rockers hardened there as well, just a little more insurance. I already removed the flywheel and got the starter clutch removed, and got the gaskets and open case all cleaned up. Within about three or so weeks I'll have it all back together again depending on how long web takes on the turnaround.

You might want to back the timing way down on the dyna.. I think you might run into some detonation issues with that piston and nitrous setup, don't want to melt it down.
How much does the nitrous setup weight?

The ignition is retarded, I currently run the all around curve for the dyna. I use the top end more on the flat and wide orv routes. The all around curve is best for the hills and technical stuff. The top end curve seems to bog more on the shifts when going up hills. The nitro kit doesn't weigh much more than the tank itself, the selanoids and lines are the only other components, and barely weigh a pound (basically 6lbs overall). Another thing that helps with nos is the race cam, that helps keep the cylinder pressure down a bit. If you look for the vid online I saw a couple punks rig a 60hp shot of nos into a 5hp lawnmower motor and it survived and actually restarted a few times and reran the nos again!!! I'll only be running a 10 to 15hp shot at most, that's all I'll ever need.

At school they have 3 cars that sit on the dyno basically, thats all they do. Just get the **** pounded out of them. All runing 150 + nitrous setups (v8 camaro's and mustangs, thunderchickens.. etc) not one of them have gave up yet for the 3 years they have been run there. Even with kids hooking up the nitrous themselfs. Which changed my mind about nitrous and how safe it can be for adding power if you are careful.
Have you ever done a compression test with that piston? That cam does help bleed dynamic cylinder compression but I would still be careful as cylinder pressure will only go up...

Back