I'm a dumbass...Need help.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98warrior

Reaction score
Well got my edelbrock in the mail this evening and I decided I was gona take it somewhat apart and make sure it was clean...Well I took the bowl off and as soon as a pulled it off this little brass stopper looking thing (flat on one end and pointed on the other) fell out and I dont know where from. Dave or Jason do you guys know what I'm talking about? I think I know where it came from but idk...I can get pics if necesarry.

Well got my edelbrock in the mail this evening and I decided I was gona take it somewhat apart and make sure it was clean...Well I took the bowl off and as soon as a pulled it off this little brass stopper looking thing (flat on one end and pointed on the other) fell out and I dont know where from. Dave or Jason do you guys know what I'm talking about? I think I know where it came from but idk...I can get pics if necesarry.

that would be the needle that goes on the float assembly. If you look at the back of the float where it pivots and the shaft is you will see a cut with a tab that the flat part of the needle will slide into.. you will also see where it slides into on the carb, which the needle end does. There will be a hole in the carb with a seat for that needle. I believe you'll have to take the float off and then slide the needle onto it and then put the float back on why'll sliding the needle into the carb... then just reinstall your shaft and you should be good to go.
Make sure and check the float level before putting the bowl back on..

I'm gona post pics up and have you pinpoint where it goes. Just to be positive I dont screw something up.

Alright, after looking at it again I know where it goes. Not really sure if I should take the float out or the other part that the needle end slides into. I dont wana mess up the float level either so idk. Plus I' m not exactly sure how to get the float out. I see 2 star screws and thats it? Or do I have to take the float out and that shaft thing that the needle end goes into?

Alright, after looking at it again I know where it goes. Not really sure if I should take the float out or the other part that the needle end slides into. I dont wana mess up the float level either so idk. Plus I' m not exactly sure how to get the float out. I see 2 star screws and thats it? Or do I have to take the float out and that shaft thing that the needle end goes into?

take a pic and I'll be able to help you more. :)

Well I took pics but my damn dial up is giving me probs with uploading... Oh and something else. Does anyone know where to get a tuning book for this carb? On their website I found a download for the installation but thats not what I need help with.

I'm going to try my best here without seeing it... The star screws or torx it's what there usally called, hold the shaft in that holds the float. I believe that you have to take these screws out to get the float out. As long as you don't bend the tab where the needle sits your ok. Then you don't have to adjust the float level. So take those screws out and the shaft will usally come out with the float.. slide the needle on to the float assembly and up into the orfice with the float... put it all back together and make sure the needle doesn't come off the float assembly. If it does you got problems as it should say in the carb body and on the float. hope this helps some...

Back