Illegal offroading

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbjamm

Reaction score
Some guy was bitching on FB about guys that go quad riding on property that they don't have permission on. WTF is up with that?

The joys of being from a small town, the farmers told us to stay the hell outta the fields and ride any where else of their land that we want. After harvest everything is free game. In return we keep fences repaired, tree lines trimmed, and ditches opened up. I think the problem some folks have is that they have no respect for other peoples property and no respect for other people in general. As far as riding parks go I have no problem paying to ride at them. I especially like the "Tread Lightly" program that they have. Take care of the park and it will be there for years, or at least that is the idea. Stay on the marked trails. Don't take an oil leaking quad through a stream. Common sense ****. Again, it all comes back to respect. Riding on someone else's property is a privilege, not a right. Most people get that concept. As for the ones that don't, they should have been blowjobs.

Frit, I've been wanting to approach the hunt club that leases the land directly behind my house for a while now. There aren't many trails, but they are still trails. Some of them fun trails. However, they don't maintain any of them unless it's hunting season. So, for 8 months out of the year they are overgrown, or, impassable. I've been followed home once and confronted about riding out there, meanwhile, I had permission to ride from the hunt club president when I ran into him out there on my horse 13 years ago. Apparently that doesn't matter.

I'd really like to get it in writing that I have permission, and I'd be more then happy to maintain the trails. Maybe even make new ones. One less thing for them to do. I'm just afraid that if I approach who ever the hunt club president is now, I'd stir up something that I shouldn't have and won't be allowed to ride out there period. Because then they'll know someone wants to use it, and will be on the look out. They don't care if my family and I ride our horses out there, but god forbid it's a quad that could kick up their planted grass! I don't even ride through their precious planted grass so they can kill Bambi and feel like a man! I don't venture out there during hunting season either. Too cold, it's their "fun" and I don't want to spoil it, and I don't want to catch a "stray" bullet.

Sucks because I have 2 quads and one ATC and I only ride, ride, maybe 4 times a year. Hatfield and possibly driving and hour+ to a local trail system. When I do ride out there it's not for very long, and I usually take it really slow. I make sure to wave to anyone I pass, too.

I pretty much know most of the farmers in my area so it makes it pretty easy to talk to them about riding on their land. Pat,I bet if you talk to the hunt club and offer to clean up the trails a little or maintain them during the year they would probably allow you to ride there. You definitely need to get it in writing so you can prove its okay. Some of the guys around here own timber land and allow us to make trails through it as long as we don't cut down a bunch of trees and don't ruin the creeks that flow through their land. In return we keep ditches cleaned up and if there are fences we make sure they are in good shape. We just lost one of our favorite riding spots due to mine reclamation and assholes that think if there is no sign, its okay to ride there and be as loud and annoying as possible while riding to get there. The local soccer association has fields on the way to the mine and have issues with a few guys riding through the soccer fields on the way to the mine so now there are no trespassing signs and it is strictly enforced by the cops. Before guys trashed the soccer fields the association members let us ride on their property to get to where we were going. Not intentionally calling you out Yfmwarriorbrady, I don't know you and chances are you are a good guy, but the comment you left above represents the kind of thinking that fucks **** up for the rest of us. Respect goes a long way. I live on the edge of town but I do have to ride a few blocks through a residential area to get to the field road that we use to get to where we go ride. Like pat said, I wave at the neighbors if they are outside, ride slow, don't fire up the quad til about noon and stop riding around 6pm so as to not piss anyone off. So far my neighbors say that we don't bother them at all.

We had the same issues in Jersey, frit. We had a 1000+ acre sand pit across the street from us. It was first owned by Clayton Concrete. Then, it was bought by Glidden's Paint company, and they pulled the pigments out of the sand for the paint. Guys had been riding there since the ATC was the shiznit! Was NEVER legal, but, no one really complained, and the security guards couldn't really do anything. All was pretty good for the longest time. Occasionally the cops would get called, but, no one was caught (that I know of).

Then, in 99-00, there was a gold course built next to it. Everything was separated by a tall chain link fence. Don't ya know some assholes decided that the 1000+ acre sand pit wasn't enough, and they cut the fence so they could ride on the golf course. What a bunch of fucktard!!!! After that, in was a no holes barred, free for all, for the security forces and cops. Ruined everything for everyone. We used to have 4, 5, or more trucks park in our driveway (dead end dirt road) and there would be over a dozen bikes roaring down the road to the pit. Good times...

Latest posts

Back