I'll do my best to diagnose this,

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooner

Reaction score
So I am having a weird problem with my warrior. I cannot get it to idle right, by this I mean it either cuts out and dies or it is idling way too high. Before I took out the jets the carburetor would “jump” and it would cut out the engine. So I took off the carburetor and cleaned it out the best I could I used carb cleaner and air, sprayed the whole thing out. I put it all back together and it got a lot better, but now I cannot get the thing to idle right. Could this possibly be a sign of valve adjustment or timing change needed? I know a little bit about engines, I am 17 years old and my grandpa and cousin are mechanics, I also have a teacher that I ride with that works on quads. So I can do it and I am half confident I can do it myself. He explained it to me and it sounded pretty easy. But that was for a Honda???

sounds more like you have a crack intake boot between the carb and the motor... its pretty common with aging rubber.... when you have it idling spray some ether on the rubber and see if the motor responds to it... if you dont have ether carb cleaner should work... if there are any cranks in the boot then the motor will suck in the flamable spray and usually rev up

i doubt its valves...

when you spray the boot, hold the carb and move it around some to help expose any cracks when you spray the starting fluid. Also is your aircleaner clean

Latest posts

Back