if you worked for yamaha what would you do to rap

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1000 cc street bike engine, lowering springs, +3 a arms, +4 axle and some lowered bars and +2 offset rear rims and +4 front offset rims and 15 inch tires in the rear, 17 inch front tires

To stomp on 400ex's and maybe the occasional z. I would personally put a newer 5 speed instead of the 6. Also make it wider and lower. I wouldn't really ask for 400cc's I'd ask for a 4 valve 350 that has more power than a 400ex. Yamaha could do it!

1000 cc street bike engine, lowering springs, +3 a arms, +4 axle and some lowered bars and +2 offset rear rims and +4 front offset rims and 15 inch tires in the rear, 17 inch front tires

with 1000cc's you will spank evreything and you wont have to leave 1st gear

4 valve 400 cc warrior/ raptor. liquid cooled. a new cdi box. suspension/ manners like that of the z.

i really have discovered that a z isnt that much faster than a warrior. it just has power where you need it. i feel just as stable and just as comfy on a warrior but it is true. no replacement for 400cc. a raptor is a whole different story. i was a little scared when i rode it (honestly). stock it will really smoke a piped z.

some may argue but if i want a fast bike then ill buy a 450 or a raptor. period

to not fantisize i would put a 4 valve 350, yfz shocks but the right length, +2 a arms, different stock tires, different color schemes, higher handle bars, and i think that that would be a kick ass stock 350!

Well to make something people would actually buy??

- 4 valves, Dohc, 400cc's
- Then go about +2 on each end with a better suspension set-up
-Keep everything else the same to keep costs down
- MSRP 5400

its not as easy as just bumping up the motor displacement, extending/ widening things, and keeping cost down. it leads into alot of other things that would put the bike way up over 5400.
there was original plans to make the warrior a (roughly) 396cc air/ oil cooled 4 valve. the cost for that would have been the same as designing and putting the raptor in production.

instead yamaha put money into the new "big bore" market and produced the 660r instead which eventualy led to the yfz450. it was basically like they said, if you want the power then buy this.

im going to try to find that article. it was very intresting. sucked for us but yamaha seems to be on top of total product options. they have a quad for everyone.

to not fantisize i would put a 4 valve 350, yfz shocks but the right length, +2 a arms, different stock tires, different color schemes, higher handle bars, and i think that that would be a kick ass stock 350!

that would be nice...and affordable...id save to buy it

if i worked for yamaha .... I would ....sell it and use my discount on a yfz450 or a new 700 efi rappy ;D

I would narrow down the frame and make it out of aluminum to greatly lose weight, and also do the same to the swingarm. I would also mount the engine 2" further back on the chassis and do the already mentioned motor and suspension mods. There is a replacement for displacement, it all comes down to F=ma. A high power to weight ratio is everything. The engine relocation would come in handy for a better balance while jumping big and pulling wheelies.

Back