if its not the relay then what is wrong???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucasislight

Reaction score
its a warrior, i thought the starter relay was bad. starts right up when bypassed, new starter relay off ebay and still nothing :mad:. the only other thing i can think of is the elec start button is crap. is there a way to check if its bad? theres another relay with a 4 prong plug next to the starter relay, what is it for and could this be the problem? im about to just carry my trusty wire with me so i can start the thing and ride. thanks for the help

you can easily check a relay with a volt-ohm meter, set on ohm settings, if its like a car relay, wich im not sure it is it should have a diagram on the side that is kinda like a wiring diagram, if you cannot figure out how to test it, take it down to the auto shop in school(provided your in school and your school has an auto shop) and ask the teacher to show you how to test it, most teachers should know!

the relay is brand new. i dont have a my own multimeter to test it but it better be good considering its a brand new oem part. has anyones electric start button ever failed for them? this is very frustrating i hate this electrical crap :eek:

I had the starter button and a wire connecting it both fry themselves crispy at the same time, for no apparent reason. I replaced them and it's been fine since.

if u get a manual like a clymer or haynes it should have how to test the relay and how to test the start button both i just went through this on mine the other relay is a reverse relay also when u turn the key on u should hear or fill the relay click if u have it in neutral check to make sure u have it in neutral and the light is on make sure the relay clicks and that the clutch wire thing under the hood is still connected or bypassed it should start if not id say it is the start button but the best thing is get a manual so u can follow there steps of process of elimination it'll ease ur headache

would a start button from a raptor 350 hook right up to a warrior, if it does i can swing by my brothers tomorrow and steal his...ok maybe borrow it to check that it is the button that failed.

the starter button is wired into the same plug as the rest of that switch assembly on the handlebars. The switch itself is the same, but i can't guarantee that yamaha didn't change the plug on them

yeah thats what i mean the whole assembly will have to be switched...ill look at the plug today after i leave the hospital.

Back