Idle Problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98warrior

Reaction score
Need some help fellas. I cant get my edel to idle fast enough. I've got the idle adjustment turned all the way up and it still wont idle fast enough to keep it running. Someone said something about adjusting the throttle cable up near the throttle to make it idle faster? Any ideas. Besides that the carb is great, runs a lot stronger with it plus the pro design intake/no lid. I know she's still got more in her but its hard to adjust a carb in the winter.

You sure you're not running too lean or too rich on the pilot circuit? That will cause a low idle.

Yeah, i'd say there's something up with the jetting.

Wait, are you using the remote adjustment cable that came with it? That little screw that comes on the carb when it's new probably doesn't have enough adjustment.

Mine had enough adjustment with that cable that I could have got it to idle over 6,000 rpm probably.

Yeah yamarider that adjuster that has kind of a long cable coming out of the carb. When I take the seat off and turn the idle adjuster all the way up the screw thats pushes the throttle open is barely touching it. So I thought maybe I could attach something to the screw so it would shove the throttle open a little more.

sounds lean chad! Maybe some dirt got in there.. Does it back fire out of the exhaust when you rev it up and coming down off the throttle?

No jason, once you take off and get above the really low idle it seems to run perfect. Does'nt cut out on top end, pop when u let off nothing.

No jason, once you take off and get above the really low idle it seems to run perfect. Does'nt cut out on top end, pop when u let off nothing.

mmm.. chad I'm am going to read up a little here on how this carb works and I'll get back to you. I'm a little slow that.
I just wanted to mention on regular carbs if the pilot jet is pluged, the 0-1/4 throttle range I find that customers will turn there idle all the way up and it will still idle very low. Basically the engine is running super lean.. But it backfires if you rev it and let off.

Well Jason I just installed the carb about 3 weeks ago, its been snowing and way too cold to mess with it tbh. So I've had the idle problem since its I first put it on. Only 2 things I've done is mess with the air/fuel mixture knob on top of the carb and turned the idle adjuster all the way up. Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back