ideas

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillclimbingrecon

Reaction score
i need ideas on what to to say to convince my rents to let me sell the recon..any one? My dads reply is allways " it's good enough, be happy with what you have" or " dont ride it so hard"

hmm.. well with my parents they said "you will kill yourself." so I just went on the internet and looked up kids littler than me on faster quads and then they thought about it differently. I just kept bugging them about it and then they finally said ok. just say a sport quad is much safer for jumping than a recon. i dno, someone else will probly have better ideas than me

Shwo them the bikes your friends ride and compare it to yours. Take them with you when you go riding and let them decide if your skills surpassed your quad.

I'd go the direction chris is. Convince them that your recon wasn't designed to handle the kind of riding you do, so it's only a matter of time before you break something major, and possibly get hurt when it happens. Suggest that if you would do something as simple as slip off the footpeg when you land, your rear tire would make minced meat out of your ankle because you can't get nerfs for a recon. Or if you ever landed a jump and had something in the suspension break, like the axle or a ball joint, it could be an over-the-handlebar experience like no other.

Tell them that that's how you ride anyways because you are used to riding like that. but tell them that your quad isn't safe for the way you ride. tell them that it's hard to get protection parts like nerfs for it and that you need something more suited to your riding style. You aren't going to change the way you ride. Tell them that because what it was made for that even when you aren't really riding hard for you, it is still being hard on the quad. good luck

haha!! okay ill try, i want a new quad, but then i want to keep moding, cuz i have come this far,lol!!! if i do what type of quad? i kno warrior but really

hah, quadracer. im sure he doesn't have the money. There are a lot of 400ex's for sale everywhere that I look. hcr, I think you should do some research of your own and decide for yourself. only you can tell us what quad you think you should get. starting from a blaster to a 400ex would be better than a recon. if you got a warrior you would have a reason to keep coming back to this site ;)

If you find one for that cheap there has to be something wrong with it. i like my 400ex and they don't cost much more then a warrior. and the motors are pretty similar so you can still keep going back to this site.

BANSHEE!!!!!!!!! if you like 2stroke. or a 400 or a warrior or 450. The honda's the cheapest of the 450's new but if i was gonna get one it would def be the yfz. I don't know how you feel about the raptor 660 but they are going for pretty cheap now adays.

well I dno if he has the money. mebe if his parents chipped in. I doubt you will find a 450 for too cheap. 400ex's and 350's are probly what you should look at getting. like I said lots of 400ex's but worry about this after you find out if you can sell your recon!

All of you guys suggesting HCR getting a quadracer, or a 450r are wrong. Remember guys he's stepping up from a recon! A 450r or quadracer would be absolutely too much even if he did find one for a good deal, Dont take any offense to this HCR but you cant step up from a bicycle to a crotch rocket. I would suggest of course a warrior, or....kick me in the nuts for saying this but even a 300ex.

he could do it. I wen't from riding a 2004 honda crf150 to a 2002 yamaha warrior 350. when I got on my warrior I felt like I could handle it and I can. I think he could do it. maybe not any 450's. but whatever he thinks. he could get used to it. but your not even gunna find a 'o4 honda 450r for that cheap. so the blasters, 300's, 350's, and 400's are gunna be in your price range most likely

Back