idea for air shocks

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRK5892

Reaction score
so just throwing ideas out there... mind you i come from motorcycles and have been building custom bikes for about 12 years now... i am installing a set of fully adjustable air shocks on a bike right now and looking over the shocks it appears that the eyes would line up perfect for the warrior, i would be able to have onboard adjustable air suspension if i went this route... is there any downside to this or anything in particular that i should look out for? i just worry they may not be soft enough... the kits that i am installing on this harley make use of a Vett shock actually...
Monroe MA785 Max-Air Corvette Air Shocks

let me know what you think or if this is a pipe dream

Ive seen a full ride air suspension on a 700 Raptor, Im not sure if it ran on compressors. Im assuming you are building this for street use only, Upload some pics when your done.

ah no i would be building for trails... if that would not work for trails i am out, i am guessing it would not have enough rebound

You could ride it on trails but if your gonna run a compressor get a good one 100% continuous duty, You don't want to be ridin on a trail and your compressor give out and have no adjustability

^ but I can't see any benefit from adjust on the fly. You can only get a suspension so well tuned, and once it is dialed it is dialed. I bet you could build a awfully nice suspension for the cost of a air system and spring/shock. Sometimes you just wanna see if you can do something though. I don't really know much about air ride, but if a compressor is having to run a lot, I would be worried about the charging system keeping up with demand.

^ but I can't see any benefit from adjust on the fly. You can only get a suspension so well tuned, and once it is dialed it is dialed. I bet you could build a awfully nice suspension for the cost of a air system and spring/shock. Sometimes you just wanna see if you can do something though. I don't really know much about air ride, but if a compressor is having to run a lot, I would be worried about the charging system keeping up with demand.

I was thinking the same thing. By the time you put all that money and effort, you could have extended arms and decent aftermarket shocks. Maybe not. IDK

Back