i want to wake up my warrior a little

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorman11

Reaction score
so guys my buddy just went out and got a ltr450 so i was wondering what should i do to wake up the warrior a little bit more... i have a exhaust, cam, and a k&n and i knkow i wont be keepin up with him but a little boost would make me feel better about keeping it so does anybody got any ideas? high compression, big bore, anything.......

High compression piston and an edelbrock carb will be about 500 bucks worth of parts, that would be a really nice increase. Not enough to come close to him though.

keep the ideas comin... im not tryin to keep up with him im just tryin to bump my ride up a little bit

You can also have the valves honed and opened up a bit to let it breathe a little easier. What kind of cam do you have, and what's the lift? Do you have the prodesign intake with the K&N? Is your airbox lid cut/off? or still all together. and what's your gearing? small stuff like the air box lid won't yield much, but when you add it all up it helps a touch.
~Bill

stupid question from me but...do you have a jet-kit along with your filter? that always helps but not as much as boring it over...and like Bill said, gearing helps, i think i saw a gearing chart in the forums somewhere, you oughta check that out :D

well from gearing you won't get any more power out of it. But depending on where/how you ride you can gear it so you have more useful power in the throttle range that you ride in. You can get it so it has a little more low end, and less top end or vise versa.
~Bill

i have a 395 lift hotcam, i cut my airbox lid, i have a full dmc exhaust, 15 in the front 40 in the rear, and its jetted

Also don't forget about a cdi, and an aftermarket/lightened flywheel for better throttle response (less rotational mass). The cdi is for overall gains, and it goes very well with the Edelbrock, atleast I've heard that a few times.
~Bill

i heard that the only cdi that makes a difference is the dynatek... well today i took my frame to get it powder coated

Also don't forget about a cdi, and an aftermarket/lightened flywheel for better throttle response (less rotational mass). ~Bill

Who makes a flywheel for the Warrior? I and a few others have been looking for one.

[quote:z3fqr9pb]Also don't forget about a cdi, and an aftermarket/lightened flywheel for better throttle response (less rotational mass). ~Bill

Who makes a flywheel for the Warrior? I and a few others have been looking for one.[/quote:z3fqr9pb]

Nobody makes ones, places like duncan and id imagineFST will take your stock one a lighten it. I think duncans is 75 dollars which aint to bad. I thought about doing it but didnt want to pull the flywheel and have the downtime, maybe this winter!

Suspension! Get shocks, wider A-arms and wider rear axle. Good suspension will let you use the power you already have.

yea im lookin for some a arms and front shocks... i already have a works quadstar in the rear... too bad my warrior didnt break down in the winter or else this wouldve already had happened and not in the middle of summer

Back