I should know, but I don't

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MidwayUSA

Reaction score
We retired my son's Raptor 80 and sold it. He is now the proud owner of my old Raptor 350. Anyway I ran for the last several years with the front rims flipped for width. I know it created problems with bump steer but I always had the arm strength to manhandle it though things. Well he does not have the arm strength and thanks to the bump steer he tipped it over once and almost did a second time.

Ok so I decide to flip the wheels back to normal position and get some +2 or +3 arms. Just so happened I found a set of 2001 Warrior arms on E-Bay and got them for a better price on a best offer. Now I should know but don't, but I am assuming that these arms will fit the 05 Raptor 350? Full Flight and ASR list them for Warrior/Raptor in the same listings some times but do not break down years. In the OEM parts break down they show to be different part numbers. As near as I can tell the only difference in the uppers is the brake hose mounting tabs. Not sure what the difference in the lowers is. I do have some uppers off a 2002 Warrior I can compare tonight, but got rid off all the lowers. Sold my Warrior last summer so don't have it for comparison sake any more.

Bottom line, does anyone know 100% for sure if these Full Flight 2001 Warrior arms are going to bolt to my 2005 Raptor 350?

Last edited:
I am posting this on the YFM forum too. Anyway we retired my son's Raptor 80 and sold it. He is now the proud owner of my old Raptor 350. Anyway I ran for the last several years with the front rims flipped for width. I know it created problems with bump steer but I always had the arm strength to manhandle it though things. Well he does not have the arm strength and thanks to the bump steer he tipped it over once and almost did a second time.

Ok so I decide to flip the wheels back to normal position and get some +2 or +3 arms. Just so happened I found a set of 2001 Warrior arms on E-Bay and got them for a better price on a best offer. Now I should know but don't, but I am assuming that these arms will fit the 05 Raptor 350? Full Flight and ASR list them for Warrior/Raptor in the same listings some times but do not break down years. In the OEM parts break down they show to be different part numbers. As near as I can tell the only difference in the uppers is the brake hose mounting tabs. Not sure what the difference in the lowers is. I do have some uppers off a 2002 Warrior I can compare tonight, but got rid off all the lowers. Sold my Warrior last summer so don't have it for comparison sake any more.

Bottom line, does anyone know 100% for sure if these Full Flight 2001 Warrior arms are going to bolt to my 2005 Raptor 350?
They will fit but with +2 a-arms your still going to get the bump steer.. The best thing for that is a damper.. I just added it to mine its very nice to have and believe me I have the arm strength to ride all day and not bother me but its sure nice to have..!

They will fit but with +2 a-arms your still going to get the bump steer.. The best thing for that is a damper.. I just added it to mine its very nice to have and believe me I have the arm strength to ride all day and not bother me but its sure nice to have..!

Very good suggestion..... Been in the market for one myself. Just been putting all my money in the R resto

I sure don't fight it on my Raptor 660 with the +2 Laeger arms. I flipped my rims back to normal on it too. It also has YFZ shocks on it and it corners like its on rails.

Not sure if you would call it bump steer or what. What happened to me once on it was the tire got caught in a little washout. With the center line of the tire so far from the center of the ball joint, it put an extreme amount of leverage on it. It pushed things so far back it bent a tie rod end. When he was riding and flipped it, it caught on the lip of the trail and cocked the tire back and tipped him over on the side. We have both ridden the 660 and never had and issue like that with it.

I sure don't fight it on my Raptor 660 with the +2 Laeger arms. I flipped my rims back to normal on it too. It also has YFZ shocks on it and it corners like its on rails.

Not sure if you would call it bump steer or what. What happened to me once on it was the tire got caught in a little washout. With the center line of the tire so far from the center of the ball joint, it put an extreme amount of leverage on it. It pushed things so far back it bent a tie rod end. When he was riding and flipped it, it caught on the lip of the trail and cocked the tire back and tipped him over on the side. We have both ridden the 660 and never had and issue like that with it.

Lol I dont know what they call but I know it sucks climbing over rocks zooming across tree vines and like you said with the was out the damper helps it from ripping the handle bars from your hands..

I just remembered My +2 ASR's came off an 05 Rappy 350 got em off of ebay also

Bumper steer will not be as bad, and probably wont notice a damn thing because the center of the wheel is directly over the steering knuckle, whereas it is moved outward when flipping the rims. Flipping the rims also puts more leverage on the wheel bearings, thus creating some bump steer.

Plus2 or 3 arms also keep the geometry where it needs to be, while moving the wheels outward. I built my own, and have ZERO bumpsteer. But, depending on what your caster angle is, you can have bumpsteer with aftermarket arms. That is why you take the time to adjsut them. Too much negative camber will create bumpsteer.

I will probably start at -3 camber like I did on my 660. Seems to work pretty decent. That was where Laeger told me to start for all around riding. I am not really thrilled about maybe having to set the caster. Hoping to bolt them on and already be close. They are supposed to be here Friday so hopefully my son and I can get them on and adjusted. He is so damn light the rear only sags 3/4". I loosened up the preload on the front and got the ride height set for his weight. I am sure I will have to readjust all that after getting the arms installed.

Back