I need sugestions for painting

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you have the money i would say get new or used plastics the color u want. 4 wheeler plastics are a bitch to paint, paint never wants to stick!

you could try and sand em...dont go to coarse with it thou... maybe use like 400 or 600 grit.. but 4 wheeler plastics are so flexable that eventually it will crack and start to flake off

i doubt there is an off the shelf can that has enough flex adative that can adapt to the abuse the plastics see.. not to mention the hot/cold changes.. its brutal on paint thats why they are plastic!

you can do it but it wont last long..

thx guys you guys are great for sharing your input i love this site.i think im gonna try to pait them for now till i can find a cheap set of black plastics.Does the plastice off of any other quad fit my 87 warrior?

ummm if im not mistakin the raptor 350 will fit with a lil modifying and some brackets made up. but whats wrong with the wardog plastics? just make sure to clean the plastic real good with like a wax & grease remover. maybe get a adhesion promoter thats compatable with the paint. good luck with it

if your just gonna do it on the cheap.. hit the plastics with brake cleaner, then rubbing alcohol... Krylon makes a plastic spray paint.. bomb it with that as a "primer" then top coat it with whatever paint you want..just make sure the top coat is an enamel as i think the Krylon is enamel. hell you could even clear coat it.. but thats a lot of paint to chip off with the first tree rub.

the key is prep...... if your doing the fenders do as close to the same color as you can get and then keep the paint thin. the hood and tank cover can be painted different colors though i dont suggest painting the tank cover because most paint cant handle gas getting spilled on it. The paint is called Krylon Fusion, i did my fenders til i can find some one thats not trying to get rich on ebay selling them. unless your lucky paint is usauallly just a temp fix, so far ive been lucky. i actually had the front left fender bent pretty far back because of a good sized sapling and it didnt crack or chip or scratch the paint.

Actually if you want it to stick to the plastic, it need to flex with the fenders. A buddy of mine does air brush work and painted his old plastics, he added some stuff that made the paint flex with the plastic so it would chip off from bounceing around unless you hit something and scrape it off. Most plasitic for wheeler I think are molded in that color to keep from haveing to be paint but I could be wrong.

ya i paint, this is a given, but the flex stuff sometimes cant handle how much flex stuff like this has and its not the cheapest stuff. you are right on why they are molded in color by the way. Painting plastics on a budget though the fusion paint will work as long as you prep.

there is a paint that will stick for life, but has to be done professionally. check with local paint and body shops. also if you have any good airbrushers in the area, they could do it as well probably for cheaper.

All you need to do is go to an auto parts store that sells paint and tell them what you are painting. You will need adhesion promoter this makes any paint stick to any type of plastic. Then you will need a small bottle of flex additive this allows the paint to bend with the plastic. Then you can use any color you want.

they make paint that we use for rc car bodys and they flex so much you cant use Krylon Fusion because it will chip the first race. i was thinking about painting my fenders with Tamya paint. it comes in a spray can but its a mini size can. you can get it at most hobby shops or online. it is expensive but it will never crack no matter how much somthing flexs

they make paint that we use for rc car bodys and they flex so much you cant use Krylon Fusion because it will chip the first race. i was thinking about painting my fenders with Tamya paint. it comes in a spray can but its a mini size can. you can get it at most hobby shops or online. it is expensive but it will never crack no matter how much somthing flexs

it is also flat paint as it relies on the this layer of clear plastic for its shine, I have got about 15 can of this stuff

wet sanding is much better than painting, you can follow up with a few coats of mop-n-glow.

Latest posts

Back