I need more power... Help!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[...I am pretty sure the rev limit from the factory is around 8,000 RPMs....

OK, now I'm REALLY confused! What about this thread:

[quote:165aj251]I think you're looking at a valve problem or a jetting problem. Warriors don't have rev limiters

Correct.[/quote:165aj251]

[quote:485ref85][...I am pretty sure the rev limit from the factory is around 8,000 RPMs....

OK, now I'm REALLY confused! What about this thread:

[/quote:485ref85]

That is because Box and I arent talking about the Yamaha OEM CDI; we were discussing the Dynatech CDI that comes with a pre-set rev limit around 8,000 RPMs (peak HP mark).

What would be a good rev limit for a stroked motor? Just as a estimate of course, not factoring any specifics.

What would be a good rev limit for a stroked motor? Just as a estimate of course, not factoring any specifics.

Just figure out the piston speed and set your rev limit based on that (you dont want over 4,200 - 4,300 FPM).

RPM x Stroke / 152.4 = Piston speed

EX:

At an RPM of 5,000 RPMs with a stroke of 80mm your piston speed would be 2,625 FPM.

Id say around a 9,000 RPM set rev limit for an FST/Powroll stroker.

[quote:pryvmh18]collect $3500 and send your motor to trinity!

**** that.[/quote:pryvmh18]

I never looked at trinity as being a four stroke place, tehy are damn good with the 2 strokers, especially the banshees. When i think of places to send my motor, Duncan, Sparks, FST, Powroll.

Trinity is just a exotic place to build up banshees it seems like, I don't think I want to do very much business with companies in Cali anymore besides. There is one place I like there and it happens to be edelbrock. ;D ;D ;D

Latest posts

Back