I need a title!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyinacez

Reaction score
Ok folks I bought my warrior on ebay with no title when living in KY, you don't need **** there to ride. Well now I'm in Buffalo, NY and I need to register to ride but I have no title and they say there is nothing they can do. Does anyone have any ideas besides buying a titled quad or frame or riding illegally? Thanks

I actually took that form completed in and the guy said I need to show a title from the state where I bought it, not a bill of sale only. He said it could be a stolen quad and I need some kind of proof of ownership or some bullshit!

Anyway to get it titled in KY? Then transfer that one to NY if need be.

In the state that you bought it, since a title isn't required for the sale, you should be able to get a copy of that from the Ky DMV site and have that notorized so they will know it's real. Than you shouldn't have a problem with the bill of sale since it is the Only thing you got with it to prove it's yours. And if he still gives you **** then ask to speak to his manager, and explain your situation to that person.
~Bill

Well I talked to the folks at the county clerks in KY and they said if I wanted a title then I should have received it when I bought the quad! There is nothing they can do she said. Has anyone ever had this problem? Pelhrey, is your quad titled? Anyone have a titled frame for sale...****!
Thanks

Im from Kentucky, you dont need ANYTHING to ride where I do, just some gas and a bike.

Ok folks I bought my warrior when living in KY, you don't need **** there to ride. Well now I'm in Buffalo, NY and I need to register to ride but I have no title

He knows that, He's trying to get around buying a titled frame off of ebay, if I read that correctly.

Since you spoke to those in Ky, and they basically said if you wanted one you shoulda asked. That's BS. But since you didn't buy it from a dealer, I'm not sure what you can do now.
~Bill

All I need is a bill of sale with mine and the seller signature on it with date, price, make/model and VIN# Does anyone know anyone that has a shop that would give me a fake bill of sale. I will pay em! I will give the VIN# and other info. With that, apparently I can get a title even though the guy in the DMV says NO. I found this link on the web, the asshole in the DMV said a bill of sale would not work, but this says otherwise.(3rd last paragraph)
http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/press/pr020206.htm
Thanks

the guy didnt right you a bill of sale when you bought it? Just get a friend to right you one saying that you bought it from him, of they ask, just say i sold it to him and then he didnt like it so i bought it back

Office Max reciept book+Girlfriend=Teh WIN.

Ok. FIRST. DO NOT GO TO ANY DMV IN BUFFALO ASIDE FROM THE ONE ON BROADWAY DOWNTOWN.

That said, When in doubt, SEE ABOVE.
Show up at 0900 SHARP.
Ask to speak to supervisor.
Explai the situation.
Smile when you payt yhe new title fee, registration fee, and get a plate.
Get pissed when you understand that there is NO LEGAL PLACE within 50 miles of Buffalo.

That said, I donna register my quad for that reason alone.

I have found 3 or 4 places within 10 miles of the airport. Couple gravel pits and one place off the powerlines that looks almost like a track. I have seen all these places from the air only. I have confirmation from a couple peeps that quads are ok in these locations. I have not checked them out yet in person, when I do I will let ya know. One of the gravel pits suppossedly is awesome to ride in, it also has water holes and some forest to run through.

I have found 3 or 4 places within 10 miles of the airport. Couple gravel pits and one place off the powerlines that looks almost like a track. I have seen all these places from the air only. I have confirmation from a couple peeps that quads are ok in these locations. I have not checked them out yet in person, when I do I will let ya know. One of the gravel pits suppossedly is awesome to ride in, it also has water holes and some forest to run through.

You are talking about Shultz Road.
Ride there, and watch your quad either :
A. Get impounded
B: Get smushed by the Sand and Gravel guys that own it.
C Get arrested by Lancaster cops due to a body being dumped there 3 years ago.

Trust me, there is NO LEGAL WHEELING IN BUFFALO.

Lots of Illegal, but none LEGAL.

Ride in them , run the risk of arrest, impoundment, ass-*******, or worse.

CSX property now is a Federal offence to tresspass upon. Thank the Patriot Act.

Latest posts

Back