I know its a stupid question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well you shouldn't cuz i don't really know either, but i'd say the 12:1

ok rather then starting a new thread... Iv decided that im getting a JE piston 12:1 with a 85mm bore would a cometic gasket with a bore size of 85mm work with the JE set up or do i need a JE gasket?

yeah the gasket should work but you will need to use race gas with that high compression piston

YFZ's have got 11:4:1 copression ratio and run fine on pump gas so anything premium or higher should be fine. or atleast i would think.

You mean 93. I think there was a thread a long time ago about what gas to run when using a 12:1 piston...cant remember though

yeah i ment 93 but i modified my post..

regular (usually 87 octane), mid-grade (usually 89 octane) and premium (usually 92 or 93)

If you don't mine me asking deadaim, do you have an oil cooler????, If not make it a priorty to get one, with 12.1 compression it will greatly help keep detonation down. Detonation is somthing that will melt your piston, usually caused by lower octane gas, but could be caused by more heat due to the high compression. Also to reduce the chances, get yourself the .430 cam, the increased overlap will also help bleed down some compression, therefor reducing detonation. Hope this will help.

Yeah im ordering a oil cooler with all the other stuff.... How much bottom end will i be sacraficing with a .430 cam? Thanks for the help dave. and everyone else

alright i herd there was a little decrease with it but i was not possitive... i donno i was thinking would benifit more from the 10:5:1 piston witha .430 and not have to deal with such high octane levels.. because that gas station the closest one is like 35 mins away..and how much of a power diffrence is there between the 10:5:1 and the 12:1

^that sounds like a better plan to me^

it's probably only like a 1-1.5 hp difference, if that. And if you're running just on the borderline of detonantion, it's probably not going to be performing at peak anyways, so you might not lose anything between the 10.5 and 12

Back