I hate art!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'00 WO-YA!

Reaction score
Shenandoah Valley, between the Blue Ridge mountain
So I'm trying to make my light Hole cover....ugh what a ******* disaster! This kinda thing comes so easily to some people, I'm envious of them. I do alot of stuff, I'm a perfectionist and I'm pretty good at most stuff but this is a talent that has completely eluded me. Frustration has set in, I hate not being able to do things for myself!!

CAM00277.jpg

CAM00278.jpg

CAM00279.jpg

CAM00280.jpg

The damn thing just keeps sliding around, it's do hard to get a good look at it. Wth should I try to attach it with that won't be permanent and screw the hood up? Maybe I should make another one that's a lull bigger and let it overlap.

Chewing gum, 3M double sided tape, tape rolled back to itself(making double sided), scotch tape... take your pick.

It's defiantly a fairly hard contour to follow.
But you are defiantly close.
For crisp lines I would score the aluminum and then fold back into the score.
But now I have a cool metal brake.
Thanks guys!

That gray 3M double sided tape is some bad ass stuff. I used it to put the emblems on my Silverado 13 years ago and they are still on. I have also used it to hold down some aluminum plates on the table of the CNC mill to engrave them. Make sure if you use it the part is where you want it.

Has anyone tried to put the cover inside the hood instead of on top? May look cleaner. And easier to fit

Put the plate underneath and bondo and paint the top. Should be smooth after that.

Put the plate underneath and run led headlights in the flat spot that used to b behind the stock headlights. Hmmmm. Idea?

Latest posts

Back