I got screwed!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topdwg

Reaction score
Fired up the warrior yesterday and right off the bat I noticed it wouldn't idle worth a damm. So I figured maybe it just needs to warm up, not the case. After riding around in the yard for a bit it got worse, she started popping and backfiring like crazy. I say I got screwed because no more than two months ago I took her in to my good ol' dealership to be re-jetted. While there the service manager informed me that they were having a sale on Moose jet kits. I figured why not, what's another 20 bucks on top of the already 50. Anyway, since my tools finally arrived I decided to take the carb out and see what the jetting was. Here's what I found, keep in mind I'm no carb expert. The Moose directions said the needle clip needed to be on 4, with their 148 main jet installed. What I actually found was the clip on 3, with a 136 main? To make a long story short I moved the clip to 4, put the 148 in and she runs perfect. My wife says I should call and complain, I'll more then likely just chalk it up as a "learning experiance," meaning that was the last time they get any of my business.

Does the 148 jet and clip on the 4 groove sound right? My motor is stock, with the exception of a full exhaust and K&N drop in.

Yea that sounds about right depending what type of pipe you got. They must realy bin trying to **** you considering it comes stock with a 145 main.

No kidding, I'm still pretty pissed! I might just send an email to the owner, maybe he'd like to know what his mechanics are doing or should I say NOT doing...

I would let them know cause when I worked in a garage we were suppose to save all of the old parts so tht the customer could see if we did the work or not.

with a 136 it would really lean on the top end and I'd be suprized that it would even take throttle with that lean of a jet if it was a mikuni jet.
I wouldn't be to happy... I would for sure call the service manager tell them your name and bike explain the situation and all that jazz. Tell him you'll never bring it back to him again.

god a hate shops. we bought a kawasaki mojave from our shop and it never really was easy to start, 2 years later we bust into the engine to find that there was no decompression valve in it?!?!?! WE were super pissed and never go there for anything unless we need some stock parts ordered, but i still do most of that on bikebandit now.

I would never go to a stealership, I'd rather just blow my motor up trying to fix it. Put it this way, if you blow it up at least it'll be a learning experience! ;D

Lesson learned, it's the last time I'll ever go there. I agree at least if I blow it up it'll be able to get my hands dirty by rebuiling it...

Back