I did the oil cooler mod......but....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daro2244

Reaction score
Hi guys, I installed the big bear oil cooler and I did change the oil to a yamalube 20w-50 and the ATV still getting hot and when that happens I can't find the neutral :-/ please help

do you have the stock linkage on your shifter? if so its time to switch that slop out for the yz250 shifter...

Finding neutral and getting in and out of reverse always seems to be a problem.

daro2244 said:
Hi guys, I installed the big bear oil cooler and I did change the oil to a yamalube 20w-50 and the ATV still getting hot and when that happens I can't find the neutral :-/ please help
Any suggestions??

so.. I spend $100 for the oil cooler and all I had to do was changing the $12 lever??? :-/

dont worry, the oil cooler will prolong the life of the engine, and are you sure its getting enough airflow in its current position (post some pics). also make sure theres no kinks in the hose. and if you pay'd 100 for an oil cooler you payd to much, heres mine, ebay: transmission oil cooler 29$ shipped. bigbear piece 15 shipped, extra hose 10$ you do the math

this is the exact shifter i bought.. it works great... but i was still noticing a slight issue getting into N with the motor running... just slight, probably more me trying to get used to the shifter yet

why does the yz250 shifter make it so much easier to find neutral? is the stocker on warrior flawed?

becasue there is only one piviot point from the shifter to the ...nub that goes into the engine..

think about the stocker .. you have to feel throu the 2 mini ball joints.. more pivot points.., with a direct shifter it deletes all that..

so when if i buy a yz250 lever what happens with all the linkage?

you remove it, theres a piece thats on the peg that is welded to it that is another pivot point that you can leave on or just cut off.

Do you guys think that this yz250 shifter will fit whith the big bear oil cooler mod?

i know somebody on here had a shifter and the cooler, ill have to look around though off the top of my head i cant remember if he made a custom one or found one that just needed a little custom bending. ill look around and try to find it or some one else may beat me to it to.

1998yamahawarrior said:
i know somebody on here had a shifter and the cooler, ill have to look around though off the top of my head i cant remember if he made a custom one or found one that just needed a little custom bending. ill look around and try to find it or some one else may beat me to it to.
this is all I found about it http://www.bluetraxx.com/forums/yamaha-y....ler- setup.html man the ATV is becoming a Headache ;D and also when a changed the oil filter i found Little pieces of metal

If you run the big bear cooler, you have to make a custom shifter. A lot of people use the stock lever and bend it and weld up one if they use that style of cooler. There is a post for this mod on here somewhere.

What the shavings look like? Big chunks or really small.

heres the post on that but it is pretty much the same thing as the one you posted up, because that was copied off of boxheads right up on here

yeah hwat you do is get somthin like a banshe shifter, and do two 90degree bends

Back