I can't wheelie for sh*t...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1statv

Reaction score
Like the title says basically I suck. I've watched YouTube tutorials and no luck ppl just make it look so easy on YouTube. I mean throw it up from a decent speed, stand stills etc etc.

Like the title says basically I suck. I've watched YouTube tutorials and no luck ppl just make it look so easy on YouTube. I mean throw it up from a decent speed, stand stills etc etc.

So are you asking how to do it?? Cause everybody kinda has their own style..

use your rear brake to bring the front down and gas to bring the front up .. if in more wight on the rear put your foot on the grab bar

more wight on the rear put your foot on the grab bar

lol.. That's what I was gonna say.
Like my avatar picture, I wouldn't try to pop a sitting wheelie right of the bat. You'll be pick'n gravel outta your crack for a week.

Try this, (easiest way to pull the front tires):
From a dead stop put your knee on the seat, and push your foot against the grab bar. Try to get most of your weight to the rear of the quad.
Give it about half throttle, pull up on the bars, dump the clutch, and punch it..

Hang onto it, cause you'll go up fast!!
After a few times you'll get more confident, and be able to hold it longer.. I also hold no responsibility for you getting hurt try'n this.. lol

use your rear brake to bring the front down and gas to bring the front up .. if in more wight on the rear put your foot on the grab bar

Exactly what he ^ said. Be sure to keep your right foot down on the rear brakes and your left foot on the grab bar if you use that method. Ive seen many people use their right foot in the bar and have no brake control, it always ends bad..

lol foot in the grab bar is the b est way to start and the warrior's predictable power make it pretty easy to keep up lol

lol foot in the grab bar is the b est way to start and the warrior's predictable power make it pretty easy to keep up lol

Exactly. I wish it was that easy on my YZ, I pull it up and it scares the **** outta me when it gets in the powerband, so I drop it. Ive almost flipped it backwards a few times, it has way to much throttle response and low end torque. Not to mention, I dont have 4 tires or a bar to keep me from flipping backwards lol, it makes me miss how easy it was to wheelie on the warrior..it just takes some practice I guess. I gotta feeling im gonna be replacing some plastics before I master it.

Hey lol I own one also so I know my two strokes lol
It's all good Jake, I'm done pick'n on you about that now..
But it is true. 4 strokes are way more predictable!!

The 490's powerband will flip you over backwards in third gear. That's sitting down, and being easy on it.. lol

You could always ride in 1st, 2nd, or maybe 3d, and go along at a good pace, come to a mbump in the trail, lean back and gas it some. You'll already have the forward momentum, so unless you pull that bitch over backwards, it tends to get the front end up a good amount and you can ride it for an easy 10 feet. Hell, I can go in 2nd and just pull back and gas it on flat ground and she'll come up and away, lol.

Wait till yall swing a leg over one that won't stay planted with all 235lbs of me on the tank!
I've got one for ya big guy. :iagree:
That 490 will pucker up your butt hole for sure!
3rd gear is the scariest part of riding it, and the powerband comes in when it feels like it..
You ain't rode one that I built! :tup:
I would love to check out some of the things you've built, and maybe toss a leg over something that makes the 490 look like a kids ride. :evilface:

Yeah lol 96 Blaster
Front Fenders removed
bored .050 over
wiseco pro lite forged piston
FMF fatty pipe with POWERCore 2 silencer
TORS Removed
Oil block off
AIR Box Lid Removed
BEL RAY Mc-1 Mixed 40:1
93 octane

Homade portjob
This is the list of mods done to her

Yeah lol 96 Blaster
Front Fenders removed
bored .050 over
wiseco pro lite forged piston
FMF fatty pipe with POWERCore 2 silencer
TORS Removed
Oil block off
AIR Box Lid Removed
BEL RAY Mc-1 Mixed 40:1
93 octane

Homade portjob
This is the list of mods done to her

Schweet!! So how many cc's are you at with the .050 piston?

Back