I added a MSD coil and 200 watt stator.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonp

Reaction score
After doing some testing of the P.O.S. hotshot coil I found that it is actually has less kv and output then the stock coil. The stock coil is actually really good and I would say don't change it out if it is not bad. I wanted to try this coil from MSD Pro Coil (PN 42921)http://www.msdpowersports.com/coils.html#42921 It has a little more juice then the stock coil which is great and bolts right on. Had to make my own wiring harness and plug wire out of MSD's stuff. Works great so far but going to do some more testing to see if it makes a difference, which it should for how weak output the hotshot is. I mean the hotshot could bearly jump a 1/4" gap where this will jump around 3/4". That is huge difference then the arch is very wide as well.
I had another stator from Ricky stator go bad. The source coil on the stator came loose and went to pot. So I'm going to try a different brand and see how that works. Other then that not to much new with my fourwheeler.

When adding a different coil or changing out the spark plug wire do you have to splice the wiring?

It will all be direct fitment if you get the parts specific for your machine. If you get a universal part you will most likely have to do some splicing to get it working right.

Latest posts

Back