hydroplaning

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotphil

Reaction score
yo guys, i finally found a good puddle to hydro on(was about 3 ft wide and about 7ft wide) not big but a good start, it was f-ing awesome felt like i was skiing, can't wait to do it again :D

na 5th, my 5 th gear is faster then hell unlike my 6th, i'ma rejet my carb soon tho, the puddle was prolly about 5-10 in. deep

idk its off, i think cuz the colder wheather and my hi flow filter and no lid, idk it idle really really high and has hardly no top end kick, it pauses in 6th gear before it gets going

haha that's great. Now I wanna try it. As wide as my front tires are, I might actually be able to do pretty good. I don't know how good of an idea it is to hit the water going 70 though. I'll wait till spring. Then I won't have to worry about freezing my balls off in 35 degree water, and i'll have a new helmet by then (mine is about 7 years old so I don't know how good it is anymore)

he had brusises on his legs from almost flying over the handle bars at 50... i tryed it and i went about 10 ft. over the handle bars...

lol yeh i haven't tried it over soemthing that big yet..... but soon soon, hopefully **** spring when my fourhweeler is faster and it isn't as cold..

I know the perfect place to try it. Huevos 8, cross country chapter. That pond/mudhole is where i'll do it. (where it starts out with that hot chick that rides the yfz through it). I'll start in the shallow sections first though, because it can get pretty deep in the middle sometimes (i've seen a pic with nothing but one of the orange whip flags sticking out of the middle of that mudhole)

lol, that vid is great. i dont think im gona try to hydroplane across anything that long anytime soon...

omfg i was trail riding with my dads timberwolf came to a flat sandy trial going full speed and there was about not even and inch of water and i just started hydoen and i lost control turned sideways and fliped it hurt like a mofo but everyone behind me said it was funny as hell to watch.

I hit water holes all the time on my local rialroad track trails......doing about 5th gear and just lean all the way back and hope your front tires dont go under the water......my friend on his yfz tryed it and was fish tailing while skimming he was about 2 feet from hitting a tree....haha

I don't think I would try to hydroplane on anything anytime soon after I seeing that

Latest posts

Back