Hydroplaning/water skipping

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickginminden

Reaction score
who knows how to skip over water?

i really want to learn.

from what i understand you pinn it top gear and lean back

Yeah, basically you go balls to the wall, lean back, and hold on. But you need a really really smooth transition into the water, and if you don't do it right you can get yourself hurt. It takes considerable speed to get one to skim on water, and if you wreck at considerable speed... well the outcome is pretty obvious. Be careful.

here my lil bro givin it a go on his 450r......he needed a lil more spped cuz had some trouble making this short area...he finally got it on his third try...just go fast...

I've seen some wipeouts from hydroplaning and it looked like it hurt, you either go right into the bars really hard or you just fly off. I did it once at the top of 3rd gear and when I stopped I hit the bars and got completely soaked. :p

My buddy hit the bars last week (not from water planing) at a fairly low speed, with a MX helmet on.
1st surgery was 8 hours, he had his face removed to have his jaw cheek and eye socket plated, epoxied and remoulded. 2nd surgery was just to plate and wire his jaw on the other side.

Point is that hitten the bars can be quiet serious

Latest posts

Back