Hydro dipping plastics

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derheim

Reaction score
Anyone ever done this or know anyone that has done it? Would be cool as hell I think.

Would be really cool, but to do the whole quad it would be expensive I would think.

Yeah I'm looking at DIY kits. Might buy a small kit and try my hood piece and tank cover just to see how it goes.

I like experimenting with stuff lol.

Yeah I'm gonna buy the small kit and dip something cheap I can replace in case I mess it up

Ive seen it done on FB and Youtube, I got a couple FB friends that have dipped tank toppers and hoods, Kryptic Camo looks sick, I was quoted $65 for them to do a Raptor fiberglass hood.

Hard to see. White cf

uhuqa7az.jpg

That's badass. How much did it cost for all the plastics

I bought some a year or two ago and tried to do some parts.. it's a LOT harder than it looks. They make it look so easy on Youtube, but in my experiences, it has always come out messed up in one way or another.

The thing about doing quad palstics is that it'll scratch up easily in the harsh environments that a quad goes through unless you clearcoat it. Then of course if you don't use quality clearcoat or have it done professionaly, the clear will start to flake/peel off too eventually, and it will look like crap.

But they were professionally done, right?

Latest posts

Back