howdy fellas from west virginia

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zlaw114

Reaction score
:atv: hi guys, names zach *shakehands*. im 14 and love anything with a motor, my current rides are 2004 Suzuki RM85, 2004 Honda CRF80F, 1987 Kawasaki Mojave 250, & 2006 Wildfire 110Q2 (chinese quad) i know what your thinkin "WTF? he doesn't have a warrior why did he sing up on this site?" well my answer is... iv been considering buying a warrior so i came to this site to learn about them as much as i can, that and im stuck between quads. i want to race the local hare scramble series which requires a 200 2 stroke or 250-300 4 stroke so a warrior is "un-racable" unless i race in the adult class (which is an option due to my age) the quads im stuck between are...warrior, blaster, 300ex, 400ex, 250r, or fixing my mojave and racing it. i know all the guys on the warrior site will tell me to get a warroior, and the same for the blaster and trx site but i just want to learn all i can not only to buy the right bike but i work on bikes for my friends and what not so i want to be fully prepared. but either way its nice to be here :tup:

BTW, :atv: <--- i love that icon

man your 14 and you are up at 6 am? lol my honest opinion is the warrior or 400ex.

Welcome to the site, nice collection.

I say either the warrior or 400ex, there easy to make into great racing quads and parts are cheap. Mojaves are fun, but parts are hard as hell to find and their wheel base is way to short.

Welcome to the site man.

thanks

Welcome to the site, nice collection.

I say either the warrior or 400ex, there easy to make into great racing quads and parts are cheap. Mojaves are fun, but parts are hard as hell to find and their wheel base is way to short.

yeah, 400ex is a lil outa my price range but i think i could talk this kid in ky outta his 440ex... all my friends bag on warriors with comments such as "they're junk" "i wouldn't piss on one if it was on fire" and other dumb stuff...but i know warriors are nice as my cousin had one when i was like 10 or 11 and me and my buddy would ride it...i bout got killed on it to but thats another story...are warriors air cooled or water? and they have e-start right?

Thats crazy talk. Form a guy that rode a Mojave for a long ass time and also races XC, a stock mojave is a no go. My bro raced it once and got a DNF, it's deff not a hillclimber. And unless you got deep pockets or have access to a fab shop, aftermarket longer arms are outta the question.

BTW, your friends are douches, Warriors are bad ass.

then don't run the 300 class. Get a 300ex if anything. Race with the big boys and it will make you real good real fast.

Thats crazy talk. Form a guy that rode a Mojave for a long ass time and also races XC, a stock mojave is a no go. My bro raced it once and got a DNF, it's deff not a hillclimber. And unless you got deep pockets or have access to a fab shop, aftermarket longer arms are outta the question.

BTW, your friends are douches, Warriors are bad ass.

stock mojave is junk, i dont really like mine as far as going fast but slow trail riding its amazing.

i know warriors are bad ass...like i said i my cousin had an i think 97 warrior, it was pretty junkie (not taken care of) and i was beast especially be like 11 at the time... and even riding it 5 years ago i still remember it was nice i was like 90lb and the suspension was ok, and never once did it rock up on 2 wheels even cramming the gas in 2nd around corners it just felt great (my quad was a 110cc chinese quad).

you cant really put a warrior in a 300 class, you could try but you might get **** for it. then again when you sign up just put 300

well if im not mistaken 13+ can race the adult class with the 450's, but idk ill have to look at the classes again, i know i can race in the adult class tho.

then don't run the 300 class. Get a 300ex if anything. Race with the big boys and it will make you real good real fast.

i'm already pretty good on a quad, if i had a less tipsy quad i think i could fly but the few times i had my mojave running i sucked in corners bc it kept rocking up on 2 wheels. i really like dirt bikes the best but i started on quads when i was 9 and rode nearly every day for 3 years then the past 2 years i'v been riding less (both my quads are broke down and i dont have the funds to fix em). the only reason i'm considering going back to quads is bc im already good on them and i hate that im no good on dirt bikes, i'm way to impasiant to practice and get better on a bike i would rather just go back to quads and get better on them and maybe keep a junkie dirt bike around to ride and eventually get better on bikes. alot of my problem with bikes is im ridding a 2 stroke that spins 99% of the time, i think if i had a 4 stroke bike it'd be funner to ride but since i had to keep the 2 stroke wound out and have to work the clutch so much its just not fun. well im gonna stop my rambling lol...

Back