How to turn fuel up

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudbogginsouthernboy

Reaction score
Hey guys my quad is running lean because my exuast is glowing so I was trying to figure out how to get more fuel going to it

looking from the side of the carb where you can see the choke twords the bole you will see a spring aiming down thats the idle adjusting screw but if you look just past it is a flat head slot,, that is the air/feul adjustment screw!!! i think on your bike it needs to be turned about 2 full turns out for factory settings but not sure..

Has it always done this? Did you add something perf wise? Carb cleaned?

You should pull the carb, and check your main, and pilot jets. If I remember correctly the stock main is 147.5, and the pilot is 42.5. I think??
If your down lower than 147.5 on your main, it's way to lean.. These motors seem to like a fatter mixture anyway.

If you dont have a Clymer Manaul for your bike get one bro,, you can get them on ebay, it will show you how to do everything to your bike or it will help you understand what your looking at so you can do a mod or an upgrade, it wont tell you how to do upgrades just rebuild all the factory parts but it helps..

I went on the forums and got a lot of carb info I think I'm ready
If you pull the bottom of your carb off (thats the bowl) you'll see a little brass piece that looks like a screw with a tiny hole in it, right in the middle of everything. Thats your main jet... If you look at it really close you'll see some numbers on it. That'll tell you your main jet size.
The pilot jet is a bit harder to explain it's location. But this diagram might help. 14 is the main, and 16 is the pilot. It even tells you the sizes for a stock bike at sea level..
http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Y...91/WARRIOR - YFM350XB_M/CARBURETOR/parts.html
I still say that a 147.5 main is better, even on a stock setup. But it depends on your altitude?

Back