how to tighten shifter arm?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dillon14dj

Reaction score
im not sure what its called but the shifter arm thing thats on the left side? is there a way to tighten it mine is pretty loose

You still got the linkage bullshit??? get a yz250 shifter!!! i just got done ****** with mine, they suck

the stock one has a buch of arms connecting to the shifter the yz250 go stright to the shifter so its not loose

Yeah, ditch the stock setup and run a direct shifter. Buy one for a YZ250 and its a direct bolt on to the actual shift shaft.

2012-03-02165640-1.jpg

this is what it will look like after (without all the linkage)

Almost the best mod for these bikes. I told my friend we should put one on his. He said he's be riding it for sooo long the stocker doesn't bother him. Then he hops on my bike to load it on the trailer and goes ,"DUDE! That shifter is THE ****! I want one!" Lol. Some people just don't listen.

yaa.. mine looks nothing like that. it does down to something then theres like a bolt and then it goes over the the foot peg then its the shifter. it used to be tight when i got the bike if i remember right but now its loose and im not sure if its due to that or not but it makes it a lil hard to shift it into neutral when the engine is on (i mostly have to turn it off in 1st gear then shift to neutral in order to push it in my shed)

but anyways how much is this shifter??

I just did mine with a honda 300 trx 4wd shifter perfect fit a little bending,works awsome! no more sloppy shifter, have seen the yzf250 shifters on ebay for around twenty bucks .

the one I bought is identical to that one.. bolts right on and the only angle you can put it at is perfect. the other one fits a little nicer(from pics iv seen) as it 100% clears the cover there at any angle. only reason you would need that is if you like your shifter quite high.

The one I have sits a tiny bit above stock

Last edited:
thats the same (well has the same pic) as the $18 one lol im also on getting underglow for it now too (just seen a kit on ebay for like $52

thats the same (well has the same pic) as the $18 one lol im also on getting underglow for it now too (just seen a kit on ebay for like $52
Lmao.. Thats just something that could get ripped off the bike when your cruise'n..
I'd save the money for something else? Like some new bars, or a cool look'n seat cover, or some cool graphics ect".. :iagree:

I had underglow on my quad. I do a lot of night riding. Its cool. $20 at autozone lasted me a while. Eventually one lense cracked and shorted out so I tore it all off.

Back