how to set the valves?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRIAN K

Reaction score
i have a 2001 wolvy 350 and im wanting to set the valves so i can get the most performance out of it....not sure of the proper steps or the proper settings can someone please help me...ohh and the bike is bone stock

i have a 2001 wolvy 350 and im wanting to set the valves so i can get the most performance out of it....not sure of the proper steps or the proper settings can someone please help me...ohh and the bike is bone stock

Uh, you don't set valves, you adjust the valve lash to rocker play so they don't 'clack', but there's no way to 'set' the valves for performance. The only reason you would play with the valves is if you put a cam in, but the only cams I've seen for a wolvy use the original valves. For the price the cams aren't worth it IMHO. Exhaust and intake, (filter, carb etc...) are about it. Clutch kit willl help more then valves or a cam.

I was told that the valves needed to be adjusted every 6 months to keep it running in peak condition

I was told that the valves needed to be adjusted every 6 months to keep it running in peak condition

lol no. Can't judge it by months anyway...hours of use would make more sense. It should be done after about 10-15 hours of use on a new motor.

Latest posts

Back