How to pay???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff850

Reaction score
I'm about to buy some plastic off of this guy and can't figure what to use. Should I write him a check or money order? Which is safer for me if he doesn't send the product. He does not have paypal so thats out of the question. Thanks guys.

How far is he from you? If he doesnt take pay pall and if he's to far for you to drive up their and kick his ass if he doesnt send it, I wouldnt buy it.

He lives in Wisconsin. He's the on e selling me the plasitics for 100 bucks.

well, really when buying something privately like you're doing, nothing is safe. If anything the check would be a little better, because you have the ability to cancel a check as long as it hasn't been cashed yet, but still, he would probably have cashed the check by the time you realize he's not sending the fenders. You're taking a chance either way. Even through paypal you wouldn't be protected because it's still a private sale.

You just have to trust the guy, and it's not really a good idea to trust anybody over the internet unless you can get feedback from other people that have bought stuff from that person. If you send them cash, check, money order, paypal, or anything, they will have the money before they send it. So if they decide to not send it, or send you total junk, you just got screwed over and there's nothing you can do about it.

Get the guys phone number and give him a call. If he won't give you his phone number he probably can't be trusted.

ok i have a question also. I'm thinking about buiying some nerfs from the classified section. im in canada and he is in the U.S. how would I do the money order? or, is it simply putting his adress on it?

POSTAL MONEY ORDER FOR ALL MAIL PAYMENT.

Fraud on a PMO, is MAILFRAUD.

FBI investigates Mailfraud. 2 tall men in dark suits showing up at your home tend to change your thieving ways quick.

the only thing is, my parents wouldn't trust anyone. cause we could be sending the money out, and then not recieve anything back. but It soudns like everyone is nice onthe site and i doubt anyone would do that. hopefulyl i'm not giving anyone ideas..

The guy gave me his phone number so Im gonna call him monday then mail him the money order. You really can't beat 100 dollars for a full set of plastic so ill take my chances.

It looks like somebody is parting out a raptor 350 on ebay if anybody is interested in some stock parts.

What you coiuld do is have him go to a shipping company, and have it shipped through a private shipping company, so they would inspect and package the plastics themselves. You may end up paying an additional 30-50 or so (not sure on going rates). but then you'll atleast be able to rest at ease knowing you have a company who's reputation is at stake, and they will normally do whatever they can to make the customers happy. I really can't see private shipping companies doing rediculous amounts of business. So to me, I think they would take what they can get.

-Tell the guy you would be willing to cover the cost of the shipping through the private company, and when you can speak to the company about the parts being in their possession, the check will be in the mail.
-If you go with the private shipping company, you'd have someone to call to track the order, see where it is, and about how long it should take, the item count, and what items they were.

Good luck, and I hope things work out for ya. It's a great deal, hope it goes well.
~Bill

Back