how much does it cost to do a big bore???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior87sambo

Reaction score
hey guys, one of my customers is wanting to know how much it would cost to have his engine bored out larger. my question is, how much does it cost to have a machine shop do it to .40 over? thanks!

Last edited:
A 366 (85mm) is the biggest you can go without spending big bucks. The machine shop in town screwed me for $120 a year ago to bore my last engine's cylinder out .040", claiming it was because of all the time it took to set it up on the boring bar. In their defense, they did a great job, and only do automotive engines, but, I won't use them again because of price. Most all cycle shops or machinests charge between 50&80. 85mm piston/gasket kit will run ATLEAST $150 from what I've seen.

You can go to a 400 if you contact CWR. That kit requires their special piston, and the cases need to be bored. Their website has the case boring listed at $50. I forget what the piston and cylinder sleeving runs.

For the 400 kit gen1 was talking about its $375 for everything

You could have gotten the piston for less on ebay. Around 105. Unless you got the piston with gasket kit.

yea just the 2 gaskets and like a o ring or 2 for the head. something like that...yea cheaper is better but it was kind of like a rush job. needed it done asap

Back