How many people have noticed broken engine mounts?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave85zxt

Reaction score
I'd like to know how many of you have noticed that the engine mounts at the top of the head are broke?

I noticed mine were broke when I rebuilt my motor. I replaced them and now I notice a lot of vibration that runs through the front of the frame and up into the handlebars when I rev up the motor. I am beginning to think that the Warrior has a frame resonance problem. If that's the case I might just remove the upper mounts cause they're going to break anyways.

one of my uppers was broke, I had a friend weld it back together. Haven't noticed a vibration problem.

Every time I saw upper motor mounts broken, it's either happened in a hard crash, or more often, because the lower motor mounts are loose and letting the engine walk around a little bit. That would explain all your excessive vibrations. I don't get any vibrations on my warrior, not when it was stock, and modded i still don't get any unusual vibrations.

My lower mounts are definitely tight. I torqued them and used loctite. Maybe I am just too pick and notice things that others don't.

I took a look at my old ones and they sure look like a high cycle fatigue failure (engineering speak for vibration problem). I am going take mine off and see if the vibration goes away. If it does I might fabricate a rubber upper mount.

Many Many Many bikes (not just the warrior) break motor mounts.
Yea mine was caused from the lower engin mounts loosend up a little and then i wheelied and hit jumps and herd a PING.

both of my upper motor mounts were broken when I bought my warrior. it was also missing a bolt in the rear mount. I fixed them and it vibrates just like you said but I think mine vibrates because the frame got broke at one time and repaired.

i broke mine when i first got mine and replaced them now i just check once in a wile and make sure everything is nice and tight .

Latest posts

Back