How important is the accelerator pump? lol

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fknboss

Reaction score
So when rebuilding my carb the accelerator pump was seized. I tried everything. I lastly just tried pulling it out with pliers and the shaft broke off. The shaft i put back in and the boot to seal the hole. I rode it yesterday for a while and didnt really notice anything.

Not really important at all. All it does is spray gas in the carb when you blip the throttle

You want it to work or else you'll have a bog or lag when you stab the throttle.

It does as Alex said but he and I have differing opinions on it's importance. You're fortunate that you aren't having any issues b/c it gives a squirt of fuel to help the engine get along happier when you're transferring from light throttle to heavy throttle. Opening the throttle slide quickly creates a loss of vacuum which a carb needs to pull fuel through it's jets, passages and into the venturi. You lose that vacuum on quick Accel and the pump provides a shot of fuel despite the vacuum loss therefore helping to eliminate any lean bog.

O well if i come accross a cheap bowl and pump ill grab it if not itll stay that way.

i couldnt blip the throttle in mine it would bog, timing was way off an needle was lean... dont know how can get away with yours not working !! i had an hard time getting ride of the bog, reading throu the web and gathering info from here and listen to advice and help from more informed and experient users,

spray direction

which direction the spray should have?
Directly to the cylinder or slightly behind?

I rotated the spray nozzle by mistake

Thanks

You cannot rotate the spray nozzle on stock carbs. But either way it should spray toward the cylinder

yes you can.

in bottom of noozle, it has a bolt that appears to be a gigler, but it doesnt.

I will take a photo tomorrow if needed

Latest posts

Back