How hard is it....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamexileracing

Reaction score
to crack the case?

Heres what happend, when i bought this warrior it was basicly a rolling chassis with a broken motor so o threw my other motor into it while i fix the one i got with it because its newer. Well what happend was the guy replaced a gasket and he never tighend down the cam bolt that holds on the cam sproket. well it snaped the end of the cam off and cracked a peice off the inside of the engine pictured here
BIPOD-1.jpg

It broke off a tini peice like a couple millimeters big off the thing that holds the cain slider. Also when i got the engine he took apart the top end, and when we took off the side case we found one cir clip but not the other one so we think its in the engine.

So were going to take that left side the side with the flywheele and the stator, off to find the cir clip, check to see if the gears are fine, and put another side case on.

Well we dont know if we are going to put another side case on but I dont want to stress it he thinks it will sit in there fine. The guy is a master michanic or how ever you spell it and hes a really good friend so hes doing the work for free.

My question is do you guys think i should replace i the left side case, and how hard is it to keep everything all lined up when you pull that side. WIll it be hard or does everything sit in there pritty good? Easy off and on?

o another thing. The guy didnt change the oil filter in 2 years before it sat but he changed the oil. Is it normal to find some metel shards in the filter if the filter hasnt been changed in that long.

O thats the resion why we want to crack it to see if the gears are fine because we found those shards and we didnt think that was normal at all.

Took the bottom end of the motor to the dealer, ready to pull. Charged me 10 bucks. Heck of a lot cheaper than the 90 bucks cdn for the puller.

O how about this. Since my one engine is smoking pritty bad and this one doesnt work right now. What if i buy another engine that works. I could use it for the race on the 10th. then i can put the top end of the one engine ill buy on the motor im useing now that is smoking to fix the top end. Then i can use that bottem end and put all my aftermarket stuff on the top end that im getting bored out? What do you guys think?

Then i could sell this one that doenst work. How much you guys think i could get for it?

Sounds to me like you have way too many non running motors haha. I say you fix one right with the money you were going to use to buy another motor.

Personally i wouldn't use the case with the broken piece. You don't need the cam chain slider moving around in there. I agree with DSW, make 1 good motor out of the 2. (ps that's what i did: crank and bottom end out of one, and the top end out of the other.)

well splitting the case isnt too bad if you have a service manuel. i just did mine a while ago. and am puttin in a stroker next week. if you do split it take pictures, thats what i didnt do, defineatly do that...

Thanks guys. Im only have 2 motors right now, 1 works but its 18 years strong and its starting to smoke. I have a bunch of upgrades for the other engine which is only 8 years old and im going to get a new case for it so i dont chance it.

Back