how do you adjust your shocks

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rap

Reaction score
i looked in tutorials and saw nothing. is their a tool or some thing that i need? or what i need to make it softer the front and rear of a 2005 raptor 350 thanks

i looked in tutorials and saw nothing. is their a tool or some thing that i need? or what i need to make it softer the front and rear of a 2005 raptor 350 thanks
Look in your manual that shoulda came with your rappy, It'll explain it.
The toll you need SHOULD come in the tool kit that SHOULD be under your seat. I did it on my friends z, but that was a while ago so its kind of fuzzy to remember, i know you have to mess with that thingat the bottom of your shocks.
Just so you know, tightening makes the bike higher, and losening makes it lower ( I think )

I don't think yamaha includes the tool. I use a pair of channel-lock pliers for the front shocks (grip on the bottom collar below the knurled part).

For the rear shock it's a pain in the ass. First take off your plastics, seat, and airbox so it looks similar to this:

3-stripped_t2006_5_22_21_16_12_q75_f8_600x450.jpg

Then I take a ratchet strap, hook one end over an overhead beam in the garage, and the other end to the grab bar, and use the ratchet strap to take the weight off the shock. Before I start hammering away I soak the threaded part of the shock with wd-40 so the nuts turn easier. Then I take a long flat screwdriver and a hammer, and use that to turn the nuts. It's slow progress, but it works.

i just jacked mine u, bought a preload wrench, took the shock out and stiffened it that way with out doing all the unecisary crap, but evreybody does things different

u can get a spanding rench i gotone for like 20 bucks and they are useful for doingshocks u can sue it on many of brands of shocks they are a good tool to have

u can get a spanding rench i gotone for like 20 bucks and they are useful for doingshocks u can sue it on many of brands of shocks they are a good tool to have

where can you get one for so cheap?

I am with Yamarider. I just put a jack under the engine and jacked it up so the swing arm drops. You can reach it on the rappy withoug having to take anything off, even though it is tight. Using a long screwdriver and hammer I loosen the top jam nut first then do what you need to do with the bottom nut.

i have one of those wrenches from back in the days that came with a bicycle tool kit. it worked great on the front, but not sure for the rear. i have no idea how much they cost, but i'm sure you can pick one up at your local bike shop a lot cheaper than at an atv dealer.

I also use the hammer and screwdriver method. My brothers lt-160 kit had a preload wrench so we kept it when he sold it.

Back