How do they compare

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam4by4

Reaction score
How quick can a warrior be? As compared to a 250 r or lt 250 or even the new 450 iron from yammi and suzuki! I am just weighing my options! I rode a pretty much stock 250r and a modded 250r today and I loved the modded one quite a bit . Afterwards I got on my stock warrior that I just aquired and just wasnt impressed at all! I can get one of these other bikes for a few nickles more than I can sell my warrior for . My question is is it worth it or will I always want more! How Happy will I be with the ALBA 400 kit, new carb, pipe, jet kit, k&n ??? What do you think! Any replies welcome , rip on me if ya want either way im bout to build a ******* monster be it a 2 stroke of four!

Here's my honest opinion, if you like the 250r better than the warrior then trade the warrior for one. To me there's no sense in modifying a quad that you don't like when you can get one that you know has enough performance for you.

I was DAMN close to selling my warrior for a $3500 race built 250r about a year ago, sometimes I wish I would have done it, it would have been a lot cheaper in the long run.

If you want more power, by all means go for the 250R or one of the new 450's. Even if you mod a warrior completely, a decent modded 450 will still have more ponies. But for a great trail bike, mod your warrior.

It's your dime, get what you want! Whatever you decide, keep us posted.

Ive decided Im keeping it ! If I decide I dont like how its coming along Ill scrap the idea hell I might even just buy a 250r as well...lol Whats the best big bore kit say around $800-900? And will the carb have to be changed to realize the true gain? Im looking at a pro circ t4 exhaust using the stock header pipe painted high heat black most likely a jet kit with that and K&N , Then Ill get the big bore at the end of summer to make it a full restore job over the winter. JC got any suggestions on what else to piss my cash away on!

I know...my a-arms, suspension, swingarm, and axle. ;D. All up for sale my friend

I would buy all of his stuff-if I was starting over :eek:

I talked to a guy at HSD racing about custom making a pair of +2 a-arms,and he said he would do it(they use to make them for the 87-88)I am waiting on a price quote from him-so maybe that will work out.I think I am gonna get this bumper next:
bumper.jpg
---Bllingg

Back