How do i get rounded off bolts out?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CodeBlue

Reaction score
Well, Alan Keys can suck a big one. I rounded off the last bolt so now i cant pack the DMC! someone help me. It doesnt have the perfect pitch anymore.. Lol

IMAG1579_zpsd039f5fd.jpg

IMAG1576_zpsab0e4c4d.jpg

Does this answer your question?

Vice grips work miracles on those I had several I had to pull out of my bike vice grips were my bestfriend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im gonna try the vice grip thing first then let y'all know if it worked,

If you have a dremel you can cut across the head so that you can turn it with a flathead screwdriver. And what yamahauler said will work as well easy out kits are handy to have in your tool box.

Last edited:
Good advice up there^^^. IF all else fails, grind the head off, get it apart, and use vise grips on what's left. But, that's a LAST ditch effort. You may even be able to take a hammer and small chisle, and get it too turn.

Hopefully what beast mode says works. cause that sounds the easiest. Thanks guys!

Yep, I'd cut a flathead screwdriver slot in it with a dremel, should come right out like that. Doesn't take a lot of torque to get those screws out.

left handed drill bits are great for any kind of screws and allen head bolts, I've had to use many times in the past.

I personally have done it for years with a good sharp chisle and hammer. But easy outs and left handed bits do come in handy when all else fails.

U gotta replace that bolt anyway. Grind the head off carefully and get it apart like pat said. U gonna spend time tryin to get it apart nice so u can throw it away anyway.

+1 on the Easy-Out. I have used them with great success. But if you're feelin cheap, the hacksaw/dremel way will work as well.

wait, the OP said he was gonna try it the afternoon of 7-22-13... So did it work for ya, CodeBlue?

Latest posts

Back