How did you get your Warrior/Raptor

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Traded my 2001 Arctic Cat ZL600 for mine. The clutch was just about shot! Shhh ;)

Had an itch to get a quad for a while, I knew my neighbor had one in his barn that wasn't working. I asked him about it a couple times, and eventually on July 4th last year he came over and told me that if I fixed it up and rode it (and that we would split the profit whenever I sold it), I could have it. So I rolled it over into my yard and me and my dad fixed it up. Runs like a champ and only cost a couple hundred bucks to fix. Love it.

ahah thats awesome what made you trade the raptor?

Were you asking me? I kept trading up looking for a 4 stroke sport quad. Was looking to get a Z, but ended up getting the Raptor instead. It needed a bit of work, but I have it almost perfect for me at this point. I have about $1800 into it. It's worth almost 3k.

Last edited:
Back when prices were stupid I traded my AR-15 for it. It was already built and jetted But made him throw in a trailer, riding gear, spare parts including works shocks.

I spent $700 to build that AR and after selling everything I made $3200 profit. Thanks Obama.

1st quad ever purchased and rode . I didn't know much about quads. I was just looking for something in my price range and something that looked nice . Found the warrior on CL and was very happy from finding out I had a bent frame to finding this forum and being able to build and add my personal touches. Love the feel of built not bought.

$1100 from some guy off craigslist for my 99
my 02
i traded a Chinese SKS and a winchester 30-30 in total i paid $400 for the guns traded straight up for a warrior

Drove 3.5 hours one way to pick mine up off a guy on Craigslist.

From original owner maybe 20hrs on it since new in 91 old guy got it for his property last time it was on trails was 92 damn thing still had original tires when i got it in 2010

2012-12-08_11-00-54_1_zps6b8b450a.jpg

the day we picked mine up, Been sitting for a while look at the dirt lol , the tires looked great all i needed for it was a battery

97 on CL listed for1600 than 1400......I gave him 1100 !!

It had probably 3 years worth of riding on it and was in great shape always garage kept, dealer serviced. Guy I bought it off of put a jet kit and HMF slip on, on it to sale quicker...... I threw a UNI on it changed oil and run the hell out of it !
I will do tires, front bumper, grip guards and nerf bars over time.

Attachments

• Warrior.jpg
    Warrior.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 18
97 $600 on cl. Was rideable immediately
01 $600 on cl. Rebuilt carb and battery started but need dialed in. Has dg full exhaust.
Have cAught the warrior bug. Gonna sell one and get another to build or flip

The bro-in-law was bringin his Warrior out to my house in the country all the time cuz he lives in the city. We got tired of taking turns, so I went to the Yamaha dealer to get have a look and try a few on. Financed a 2006 Raptor 350 new for $4500 that day. I havent had any problems with it (that weren't my own fault). I'll never sell it.

My first 05 Raptor 350 I traded my modified 94 Honda Civic plus $3500...

Then my 2nd 06 Raptor 350, I bought it for $450, but of course the quad was in pieces...

I also owned a 06 Raptor 700 for 5 years... Best quad I ever had !

Last edited:
First warrior I bought from a dealer used for $900 + a trade in of a 87 polaris that they gave me $600 for. Rode it and modded it for a few years. Parted it about a year after I got my current one.

Second and current Warrior is my 99 in my sig. Traded it for a non running KZ650 and the warrior had no motor. About $400 dollars later I had an 87 parts warrior and a new stator and she was running. Most of the initial biuld was funded by parting the 87.

Couple guys stopped bye the house wonting my 300ex collection.. I got the warrior and 700 boot for the 300's, had maybe 750 in the 300's..

Back