how can i get a car?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05raptor350se

Reaction score
I really want my own car and my parents for some reason love to say thing years in advance to get my hopes up then when the time comes that i can afford my own insurance and gas they back out on the deal... so what can i do to get a car? (I already pay for my quad so me just buying a car on my own isnt very possible) plus im only 17 so as most of u know there arent many high paying job opportunities out there for me

thanks for any help or suggestions

yo, tell me how i am in the damn same scenario as you...i got bout $1000 dunno weather to finish the warrior or get a car, i found a 89 tranny i like...but it needs some work which is no prob, but my mom wouldnt pay for insurance or gas or nuttin like that so idk

I know people that have bought cars at auctions for $200 that lasted years. If you would settle for a car that isn't exactly the pimp ride an auction is a good way to go.

The shitty part is that at your age your insurance will cost more than the value of the car in a 6 month period.

yeah i have about $1600 in the bank and trying to save but its hard with a quad bill comin every month and my cell phone bill...i've thought about auctions maybe ill try to get my dad to take me to one to check it out... i would love the dirtbike idea but thats only for a few months out of the year that i could actually ride it

Just buy a jalope and put the rest towards school, an education is all that matters these days, take my word for it. Not having a car now, or driving a piece of **** will pay off when your driving a f350 and a trailer full of yamas in a few years!

whats more important right now.....your quad....a cell phone or a car.......my parents never bought me **** like that......i saved everything i had.....and waited for the good deals to find me. You will appreciate it more if u buy it yourself.

haha yeah i guess but it wouldnt be an f350 it would most definitely be some GM product such as a Silverado 2500HD... but the trailer will have yamahas on it for sure

You can find an 80s, early 90s model toyota 4cyl. truck cheap. I almost bought a couple months ag for 400 bucks. The body wasn't in the best shape but the engine ran fine. I already own 2 vehicles so a 3rd + the quad can't happen. haha. so I spent the money on rims for my blazer ;D ;D ;D

You can find an 80s, early 90s model toyota 4cyl. truck cheap. I almost bought a couple months ag for 400 bucks. The body wasn't in the best shape but the engine ran fine. I already own 2 vehicles so a 3rd + the quad can't happen. haha. so I spent the money on rims for my blazer ;D ;D ;D
blazers are where its at ;D cant wait till i get mine.... for now im stuck with a 95 pontiac boniville :-/ ::).... ill keep saving and if selling the rappy is what i have to do to get it.... holy **** im gonna miss her :p ;)

I really want my own car and my parents for some reason love to say thing years in advance to get my hopes up then when the time comes that i can afford my own insurance and gas they back out on the deal... so what can i do to get a car? (I already pay for my quad so me just buying a car on my own isnt very possible) plus im only 17 so as most of u know there arent many high paying job opportunities out there for me

thanks for any help or suggestions
my parents do that to me on a daily basis....but luckly they are loaning me a car till i can afford my own :) but i have to pay insurance and all that other good expansive **** for a 16 soon ot be 17 year old :'(

yeah see they arent loaning me crap they just keep making bad excuses for why i can have one none of which are ligitmate excuses... we own to full size V8 vehicles (Avalanche and Suburban) both big gas guzzlers and we only really need one so we can tow the quads and the boat... but no of course we need 2 cars that suck on gas

but really the point here is they said like 2 years ago that if i could afford insurance and gas then i could have a car but now all of a sudden when i can afford it everything changes

but really the point here is they said like 2 years ago that if i could afford insurance and gas then i could have a car but now all of a sudden when i can afford it everything changes
yea fo sho i feel ya cuz...mine did the same thing to me...in i just truned 18, 2 week's ago...so im trying 2 finda me a job where i can git me a truck now...i want a s-10...silverado,r a F-150 lowrider... :cool: :)

Just buy a jalope and put the rest towards school, an education is all that matters these days, take my word for it. Not having a car now, or driving a piece of **** will pay off when your driving a f350 and a trailer full of yamas in a few years!

Truer words never spoken. I put my wife through 7 years of school paying tuition and raising 4 kids while she was gone on rotations and am now reaping some major benefits.

I always paid for my own ****. Parents loaned me money for my first truck at 13% interest. I would not go back and change it now I feel they did the right thing. Loose the damn Cell phone and work for what you want. :-*

what do u have for sale??? by the way i need the cell phone for work well it just makes work alot easier with it

I have a 95 mitsubishi galant S ....
4dr..5spd
needs some paint but there is no rust

Just had replaced full brakes and rotors front windshield is brand new and the cv was just done!,Can tell ya more about it if your interested.

$1,250

Was just put in the local paper today......

:)

Back