How bout them 27's??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolvymudder

Reaction score
Been looking around for some 27's and I think my best bet are the dirt devils. I do a lot of mudding and the 25 mudlites just are not grabbing enough. I've got a 2' lift and a K&N air filter-what kind of adjustments will my wolvy have to get (pipe, carb kit, etc.) to spin the rubber??! :)

Thanks,
Ryan

I think those tires are going to be way too big for the 350 engine to spin. The Wolverine is a great quad, but it's no mud bogger. IMHO.

What size motor is in your bike and what year is it?? I guess I missed that part!!! The key to making that big of a tire work
1. EPI Clutch kit (a must)
2. Jet Kit (as stated above)
3. Pipe (as stated above)
4. CDI Box (if they make one for your year)

My 450 spins my 27? 589?s pretty good?.but I will soon be getting a Cam as well!!!

But???If you do have a 350??If it was me, I would think of going with a smaller tire like 25?( which you have) or maybe 26?at most but get a light tire. I have a friend that took his zillas off of his big bike and put them on a 350 (grizzly) and It didn?t work out so well. It bogged down pretty bad under a load (the bike was all stock other than a lift).

i agree

i hate to hinder someone's ideas, but i also think 27's will be a bit much for the 350 engine and drivetrain. if you mod the exhaust, air intake, jetting, and so on... yes it will have the power. but you also have to realize, that bike has the drivetrain for what, 23's? you would have to upgrade you entire drivetrain, from axles to the clutch. i think you would do better just with some 25" tires. Personally, i wouldn't use the Dirt devils. My past experience with them, they clogged very easily. The mud lites do exceptionally well in the muck. the only time mine have ever caked up on me was in some thick, no water, just sticky, suction MUD( gotta love the stuff). I run the xl's due to the larger lug. it cleans much better i think.
I hope this post helps you in your decision making. :)

My dad had big mudders on his for a while. After it spit out the front drive shaft we went back to stock. It handled like a turd anyways.
If you want a mudder buy a strictly utility quad and buy stock in a bearing company.

Just an update....I put on a set of 27 inch Dirt Devil XT on the delta series steel wheels all the way around. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! It will go ANYWHERE! (except high speeds :lol: ) I plan on getting the clutch kit first, but there isn't really that much hesitation from the motor than with the 25s. There is plenty of clearance with the lift kit but I did have to remove the support bar underneath the foot rests (no big deal). I will get some pics asap so yall can see!

Wolvymudder said:
Just an update....I put on a set of 27 inch Dirt Devil XT on the delta series steel wheels all the way around. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! It will go ANYWHERE! (except high speeds :lol: ) I plan on getting the clutch kit first, but there isn't really that much hesitation from the motor than with the 25s. There is plenty of clearance with the lift kit but I did have to remove the support bar underneath the foot rests (no big deal). I will get some pics asap so yall can see!

Sweet!!! Got another one running 27"!!!!!

Latest posts

Back