Hotrods 400

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave76

Reaction score
Since it was raining and nothing to do I started putting the Hotrods 400 motor together for the 87 warrior.

Picture033-1.jpg

Picture034-1.jpg

that's so cool dave!
Would you happen to have another hotrods crank assembly you would want to get rid of?

Nah I got a good 350 crank though. Looks like I'm going to need a clutch boss and inner pressure plate as this one is worn to ****.

The low end is from a 92, the 87 motor is still in the quad, I will be using the decompression lever and pullstart on this motor though.

Got a complete clutch on ebay from a 2000 for $15, UPS shipped today.

My clutch is in that box she's holding.lol :eek:
SEXY_UPS_GIRL.jpg

Got a complete clutch on ebay from a 2000 for $15, UPS shipped today.

My clutch is in that box she's holding.lol :eek:
SEXY_UPS_GIRL.jpg

Still don't see a box, let me stare for another 15 mins.

Off subject from all you but i was wondering if a stroker kit moves the piston up higher then normal, i know the hot rods stroker moves 7 mm more then stock, wouldnt the piston end up hitting the head. How does it not hit the heat?

Off subject from all you but i was wondering if a stroker kit moves the piston up higher then normal, i know the hot rods stroker moves 7 mm more then stock, wouldnt the piston end up hitting the head. How does it not hit the heat?

They accomplish this by custom building a piston by moving the piston pin up higher, thus creating a lower compression height piston. Also the stroker increases the duration the piston remains at top dead center, which in turn creates more static compression which creates more torque. This is total opposite at bottom dead center as the speed increases, this is were piston speeds come into play, due to the further travel the FPM (feet per minute) goes up. The old rule was 4200 FPM that means the piston would travel the equivelent distance of 4200 feet per minute. A well built and ballanced engine can tollorate 4200 to 4500 FPM. My 446 at 8500 RPM is 4183 FPM, 9000RPM runs 4478 FPM. A stock 64.5mm stroke at 10,000RPM is at 4232FPM
Engines built with clearences so perfect can handle close to 5000FPM like a NASCAR engine that turns 9500RPM on a 3.25" stroke are running 5100 FPM. Take a GSXR 750 the red line is like 13,500RPM but the piston FPM is only 4074. A Yamaha YZF R6 has a 15000RPM redline and a piston speed of 4035 FPM it's crazy.

How much was it for your hot rods stroker kit? And where would i be able to get one for a good price. O and theres a FST 446 stroker kit on ebay right now the bid is at a 100.

Latest posts

Back