Horrible starter noise...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGL381

Reaction score
Well i have only owned my 02 Warrior for two weeks...Got some hard starting issues i have to deal with, but first i have to attend to this horrible clunking, knocking noise when the starter is spinning...any advise before i pull off the starter?....a friend who also owns a warrior mentioned some kind of bearing may be bad, and he said it is hard to replace....thoughts??

Last edited:
the threaded end is mushroomed in a little spot to prevent them from backing out

I had this same problem , if its a loud clank , its a bearing , take your stator cover/stator off , and the starter and pull the small metal pin and gear out , there are two bearings on it check them

I had this same problem , if its a loud clank , its a bearing , take your stator cover/stator off , and the starter and pull the small metal pin and gear out , there are two bearings on it check them

Small metal pin on the crank or r u talking about the starter and wat 2 bearings

Back