honda 250ex

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fearnofish06860

Reaction score
hey i was wondering if any of you had any experience with the 250 ex.... if any of you have dealt with em in the past... it does not get any power from the battery.... absolutly nothing..... we tried to jump it and everything.... i think theres a loose connection somewhere but idk...

I have some experience with them, my brother has a 250ex, and I had a recon for 4 years, basically the same quad with racks and bigger fenders.

The first thing to do is clean the connections at the battery terminals with sandpaper or something of that nature to get them nice and shiny again, I always had problems with the terminals corroding and causing a similar problem on mine. Also check the fuse, I had a couple blow out for no apparent reason on both the ex and recon.

where are the fuses....... i have no idea with this damn quad..... im so used to yamahas.... where everything seems to ba alot easier to find and all... but this thing is a bitch!

Under the seat behind the battery, in the same area where the relays are. It's a blade fuse (15 amp I think).

In my opinion they're pretty well built quads, but getting to some parts like the carburetor can be a pain in the ass. I have to rejet my brother's and i'm dreading it, that carb is ******* BURIED in there.

thanks..... maybe tomarrow ill head overthere and take a look-see..... these kids are not very mechanically inclined...... but ill see what i can do.... oooh do you know where the grounds are for it ill check those..... thanks a bunch!

It's been a while, but from what I remember the main ground goes straight to somewhere at the back of the engine It's a weird engine because it's side mounted, the ground would be right above the stator I think. It's probably a loose/corroded wire under the seat, either on the battery or solenoid.

In the total of 7 years owning and maintaining them the only electrical problem I had was loose wires, except when my jackass brother pinched the wires on the handlebars when he installed the hand guards. It shouldn't be hard to figure out.

Latest posts

Back