hmf

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOO, I'm ordering the pipe tonight ;D I'm also gonna get the Jet kit, K&N air filter, the outerwears cover, and a quiet core. Can't wait to get it and hear how it sounds ;D ;D ;D

quit core makes it sound like a terd...but without man it is great.....i have to run it with quit core though usually cause the po po/pigs/bacon/fish and game pull me over

hope you enjoy the pipe...and i also suggest signing up on the hmf forum cause they can answer any questions....plus if you didnt already knows this if you were signed up on the forum you got a 10 % discount :\ i wish i had known that hopefully its not to late for you

quit core makes it sound like a terd...but without man it is great.....i have to run it with quit core though usually cause the po po/pigs/bacon/fish and game pull me over

yup, same reason why I'm getting the quiet core, but i think I will ride w/o whenever i can, if i ever can. I've heard some clips from youtube on wat the hmf sounds like, not sure if it's w/ or w/o the core, but i think it sounds awesome and can't wait to hear it in real life............ just hope my neighbors don't get so mad/annoyed with it that they call the police :( but i think they're cooler than that....... except maybe the one across the street.

yeah they suck, they yell at all the nieghbors dogs when the dog goes in the yard, and they also called the police on my nieghbors once cause they hired a band to play at their sons graduation party, apparently they said it was to loud. Not sure wat happened though cause i was in bed when all this happened so it wasn't to loud since i was able to get to sleep.

RIght now I have a supertrapp with tunable plates it is the same as a CT pipe, would any of you change to the HMF

RIght now I have a supertrapp with tunable plates it is the same as a CT pipe, would any of you change to the HMF

i probably would cz i have a pro circuit but i have a friend who has a supertrapp and i have a whole lot more power than his and we both only have pipes. i havent rode one with an hmf but everyone likes them. ive also heard that some of those pipes make u lose power?

If I ever get a new quad it will have a hmf exhaust on it. Sounds even better without the sparky in it but mine loses some throttle response when I remove it and I dont wana rejet for it so...

Personally I wouldn't.. tunable exhausts are awesome! You can tune it for anything... low end torque to opened up top end hp.

hmf......imo is the only way to go...cheap, great great great customer service, and very very reliable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hmf rulllzzz

yah you prob did make a mistake with the yosh

but hey if i had 250/270(i dont know the price of the yosh) laying around maybe i would buy it....but for the moey/the extra power/great sounding....i just heard a yosh today on my local traisl it was on a warrior...i think he had the q/c in cause it was really bad sounding....my friend has a yosh tri-oval on his yfz and i dont like the sound it makes...but hey thats wht makes the world go around right??

ehhh hmf vs. yoshi..

Not really much to argue hear... a high end race pipe versus an affordable race pipe. Both are great... but one is constructed better and produces more useable power.

Both are about the same price too... you cant get an hmf in stainless so i guess the closest thing would be either polished or powdercoat... both adding 20 bucks to the price... And then in order to make the hmf trail legal you gotta buy the quiet core... another 20 bucks

Soo a base price of about 210 give or take.... plus 40 bucks to get the same features as the yoshi... In reality the yosh is only about 20 bucks more.

The yoshi is stainless, comes with quiet core/spark arrestor, uses a longer canister giving the warrior a more useful power range. The yosh is deff. a better pipe IMO

ehhh hmf vs. yoshi..

Not really much to argue hear... a high end race pipe versus an affordable race pipe. Both are great... but one is constructed better and produces more useable power.

Both are about the same price too... you cant get an hmf in stainless so i guess the closest thing would be either polished or powdercoat... both adding 20 bucks to the price... And then in order to make the hmf trail legal you gotta buy the quiet core... another 20 bucks

Soo a base price of about 210 give or take.... plus 40 bucks to get the same features as the yoshi... In reality the yosh is only about 20 bucks more.

The yoshi is stainless, comes with quiet core/spark arrestor, uses a longer canister giving the warrior a more useful power range. The yosh is deff. a better pipe IMO

But what is better about it being stainless? Yes, stainless is a more expensive material. But it's also heavier, and has a tendency to become discolored. And i'm not sure why you say the construction is better, but I've looked at my HMF very closely and I can't see a single way that it could be constructed better, the quality is perfect. They're both good exhausts, but neither of them is hands-down better than the other. They're just different.

back when hmf first started they had a whole bunch of yfz exhaust fail... or so i heard.. thats what turned me against them. The cores were blowing completely out of the shells and breaking the bolts... i saw like 3 or 4 like that over the internet.

But i cant really give you any benefits to stainless... its stronger, it maintains a shine rather than becoming dull after 1 mud puddle. Both are good and i said that... i just prefer the yosh

I think something would have to go horribly wrong for a core to actually blow out of the hmf. Like the bike having one HELL of a backfire. The core is so free-flowing that I don't know if high explosives could blow it out without taking the rest of the machine with it.

Back