Hillybilly Powdercoating my Rims....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xJoey Dubsx

Reaction score
So come of you may be familiar with this, Plasti Dip. They sell it at like Home Depot, and Harbor Freight. It's a rubberizer.

plastidip.jpg

Well apparently they make a spray form, which is the hottest fad with all the compact cars.. Almost a mix of rubber and vinyl. Lame.
Plasti-Dip.jpg

Well I decided to buy a can.. lol.
Washed off the wheels of my blue Warrior, and dried them off really good.
94884152_photobucket_24742_.jpg

Sprayed one coat on each. Coming out alright.
94884152_photobucket_24743_.jpg

Now I am letting it dry, and touching up stuff with the can I have, and about to run to home depot to get another can to give them 2 lighter coats.

Worse case scenario I'm out $15, but apparently the stuff is supposed to be power washer safe, and peel off like vinyl, so if you don't like it you can take it off.

Here's from a thread on another forum where a guy wanted to see how chrome look after removed
PeelingPDresize.jpg

Another set of wheels done.
moreplastidip.jpg

evenmoreplasti.jpg

totally doing that tomorrow ! hahha

do you think this stuff will hold up better to rocks and chips better than the duplicolor wheel paint?

Last edited:
spray on bedliner holds up much better, the guys on my dodge forum have used plastidip and everyone that wheels ends up re-doing it w/ bedliner

spray on bedliner holds up much better, the guys on my dodge forum have used plastidip and everyone that wheels ends up re-doing it w/ bedliner

X2 on the bedliner, if oyu can peel that rubber stuff of with yopur hands, its gonna suck on a quad

the plasti-dip is awesome on some applications but does not hold up on aggressive use.. the chrome thing gave me an idea thou.. spray the chrome rims and coat before winter..keep the salt off all winter then peel it off in the spring!

the SVT rims look sweet!

the only thing that plasti-dip has over bedliner is that the finish is VERY consistent and smmooth like a satin... the spray bedliner is smooth as well but the bumps are not as consistent..

(hey some guy over at Dakdur is looking for a guy that cuts vinyl for a butt stripe)

yep thats the same stuff i used, except black lol. that brown would look a little strange

ya thats just the geniric pic i have black also. does it hold up well?

yeah, all except for concrete and gas lol. i tip my quad on its side in my garage occasionsly to work on th enge and they get scratched up a little bit, and gas softens it up when it gets on it and rubss off

unles you hit curbs on a regular basis
Not on a regular basis... lol ; )
Tires on cars/trucks are exposed to a lot of heat though from the asphault and such so idk how it'd hold up but I think it'd be an experience and if it fails so what your out $20 and if not than sweet. idk weather it'd look good on my car or not though reply to my post under regular discussion.

Latest posts

Back